Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Penalty Calls

Champskins

I have to add on this,

I am getting sick and tired of the non-holding calls on Orakpo. It is not even funny anymore. At least twice a game the man is getting grabbed badly and the refs aren't calling it. I am pretty sure it is not just Orakpo, but this stuff needs to stop. My man would probably have bout 12 sacks this year if he wasn't constantly getting held.

No matter how much we all complain about the rules it is clear that the rules only apply to certain players, teams and organizations. It seems the refs are not calling the penalties equally for each team. Everyone can say that the penalties even themselves out in the end. Of course they do because the stats show that but what they don't show is when they are called. A good example would be a holding penalty would be called against the offense during a drive that might tie the game which stops the drive. The team ends up punting then the other team goes down and scores. A 10 to 14 point swing. Then when the other team has the game in hand then there are penalties called at the end to make up for those other calls. Whether they are the right call or not they are still not the same. No one can tell me that certain teams are given more leeway than others when it comes to penalties. Until a referee comes out and "drops a dime" on the referees it will continue to be that way. Why do you think that New England, Dallas, Pittsburg and a few other teams are always winning? No team has perfect blocking but the poor officiating can make them look that way.

No disrespect, but this is a pile of bull****. You want to know the proof? Fans of every team in the NFL, including New England, Dallas, and Pittsburgh, whine like this. Fans have been wanting to kill the ump since before television.

And as to the rest of this thread... the refs miss things, but by and large they do a pretty decent job officiating a lightning fast game. The next time you're watching a game with your buddies and, after watching slow motion replays from 4 different angles of a referee's call and still can't decide whether the call was right, think about the ref getting one chance - at full speed - to make that call. Given the difficulty of the job, they do pretty well, all in all.

And the issue of all the flags on unecessary roughness is more a league matter than an officials' matter. That's the new reality of the NFL, and the officials are carrying it out.

so 6 challenges in total for each coach?

I wouldn't mind. Sure, it'd slow the game up a bit, but to me getting it right is the most important thing. Imagine if we had lost because of that Chris Wilson PI call. We can't risk making the Suck for... crowd that happy!

;8723189']Instead of getting on the refs' date=' why not give more credit to the brilliant acting? :rolleyes:[/quote']

But thats why I put it in the OP that there needs to be a ref overseer in the box watching for these kinds of things and maybe a possible fine for the "actor"

Kind of like a 3rd base umpire on a check swing decision

I wouldn't mind. Sure, it'd slow the game up a bit, but to me getting it right is the most important thing. Imagine if we had lost because of that Chris Wilson PI call. We can't risk making the Suck for... crowd that happy!

well i guess it wouldnt hurt for the nfl to try it out for atleast the playoffs or 1 season.

Archived