Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help with Android phone - google search

renaissance

I have an android phone and yesterday I started having problems with the internet search button. When I open the web, then click the magnifying glass to bring up search, it usually performs a google search for whatever I enter.

Starting yesterday, though, the google search appears to be a google document search as opposed to a regular search. So, for example, I searched for "motley crue" and it says "your search did not match any documents". WTF??? I'm not trying to search documents. Normally this search would bring up regular google results.

I tried switching the search engine to yahoo (which works as it should) then back to google, but it's still doing the document search thing.

Anyone have an idea what I can do to fix this? It's really annoying.

I'm trying to understand what exactly you're talking about. I've had an Android-based phone from day 1 of it's an entire existence. I'm not sure what you're ttalking about with the magnifying glass to bring up seach and all of that. I don't see one now and I don't recall ever seeing one.

(I've always searched by just typing the search terms into where you put url's. It searches from there.)

---------- Post added November-12th-2011 at 03:09 PM ----------

Oooh, I think I see what you're talking about. I see the magnifying glass when I actually go to google.com. next to the seach box. Let me **** around with this.

(And again, you don't need to actually go to google.com to search with google. Just type the search term(s) in where he put the url in the browser and hit enter. That'll automatically search google for you.)

---------- Post added November-12th-2011 at 03:26 PM ----------

Nothing yet. It's obviously some setting that got locked in where it's just searching google docs. You just need to find where that setting is. I'll keep messing around with it when I have some spare time but yeah, I'm sure it'll be easy and we'll feel stupid it took us as long as it did to figure it out.

[/color]Nothing yet. It's obviously some setting that got locked in where it's just searching google docs. You just need to find where that setting is. I'll keep messing around with it when I have some spare time but yeah, I'm sure it'll be easy and we'll feel stupid it took us as long as it did to figure it out.

Yea I've tried looking through the settings, and the only relevant option I can find is to change the default search engine between google, yahoo, and bing. I switched it to yahoo and did a search using the magnifying glass and it worked just fine (by yahoo standards...). So then I switched back to google and it did the same document search thing :(

Also I tried doing the search by the top web address box and I have the same problem as when I use the magnifying glass.

Edit: Nevermind! I think I got it. I just cleared the cache and all the cookies, and set it back to default settings and the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks for the help, GACOLB

Archived