Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Residents, anyone else see tons of cops in your neighborhood?

#98QBKiller

On the way home from work I noticed that there are cop cars parked at every single intersection of Connecticut Ave and right now there is a helicopter w/ a searchlight circling our neighborhood....I can't seem to find anything about it online.

My fiancee' comes from the north on Connecticut and she said it was the same up that way too...now I hear a bunch of sirens out there too...

So Obama equals multiple fire trucks and firefighter in full gear jogging in and out of a building? Because that's what I saw.

These sound like two separate incidents...I don't live by GW and I haven't seen any fire trucks or firefighters, just DCPD on every corner and a helicopter circling my neighborhood.

That must be another incident. I'll look into it.

Like I said, while I was stuck in traffic next to it, I texted Vishal--who goes to GW--and asked him what the hell was going on at the campus. He said he had just gotten an emergency alert text from the school about a gas leak. So that's what it is. I thought it was a fire because there was a smell in the air and I swear I saw water rolling/coming/washing down the street--like the firefighters had been using their hoses. But gas leak makes sense too.

Like I said, while I was stuck in traffic next to it, I texted Vishal--who goes to GW--and asked him what the hell was going on at the campus. He said he had just gotten an emergency alert text from the school about a gas leak. So that's what it is. I thought it was a fire because there was a smell in the air and I swear I saw water rolling/coming/washing down the street--like the firefighters had been using their hoses. But gas leak makes sense too.

Damn, that sounds crazy. I hope everyone is alright.

These sound like two separate incidents...I don't live by GW and I haven't seen any fire trucks or firefighters, just DCPD on every corner and a helicopter circling my neighborhood.

Yeah it was spread out--blocks away--but the heart of it, the main activity, was the edge of the GW campus.

I'm sure there's more to it but that's what I saw and that's what Vishal got the emergency text about at the same time. I was pissed at first because I thought the Occupy folks were blocking the road, but I definitely hope everyone is ok. I didn't see a single ambulance--out of a couple dozen emergency vehicles--so that's probably a good sign.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/173924/373/Gas-Leak-Forces-Brief-GW-Dorms-Evacuation

Gas Leak Forces Brief GW Dorms Evacuation

8:51 PM, Nov 7, 2011

WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- DC Fire Department officials say a gas leak at 1900 F St., NW on Monday was due to broken gas line.

George Washington University dorms were evacuated briefly and the buildings were ventilated. Then, occupants were allowed to return to their buildings.

I was at 19th and E. Any news on anything else going on last night? Or is this all it was?

Archived