Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo News: Buy a 65 Mustang

Destructis

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/ford-reintroduces-the-1965-mustang.html

As part of its Ford Reproduction business, Ford revealed today it had approved a new stamping of the steel bodies for first-generation Mustang that buyers could then build into their own 1964 1/2 through 1966 Mustang, using whatever engine, axles, interior and other parts they can find on their own.

Actually it's just the body but it's pretty cool. I would love to have a cherry red convertible. When I was a kid, it was my dream car. There is more and a picture at the link.

Yeah. Mustang or the Corvette convertible. Sigh. I'm not one for spending money on "toys",but I could be talked in to either of those.

I'm not a Chevy guy, obviously, but those old Stingrays were some of the prettiest cars ever built.

I like it, but I wish they'd do the 67's and 68's.

I had a '66 hardtop with a straight-six that I bought on eBay. I wanted a 68 with the 289, but the 66 fit my budget a whole lot better.

Said they had those years available already. Go for it!

The company already offers metal bodies for Mustangs from 1967 through 1970

---------- Post added October-29th-2011 at 01:46 PM ----------

I'm not a Chevy guy, obviously, but those old Stingrays were some of the prettiest cars ever built.

Stingrays are coming back in 2013, sorta.

2013-chevrolet-corvette-c7-photo-386705-s-429x262.jpg

Looking closely, the picture in the OP link looks suspiciously like a rendering.

Either that's some awfully strange lighting, or Ford "approving a new stamping of the steel bodies for first-generation Mustang" means literally that: they haven't actually stamped them yet, much less assembled the parts in unpainted form for a photo op.

Archived