• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      Good afternoon Redskins fans!  I have once again been invited to sit in the relative comfort of the press box and shout my thoughts into the void via this blog.  As you watch the game today and see the rain  pour relentlessly from the heavens, know that I am safe and dry.  Know also that @Spaceman Spiff is out there somewhere, cold and unappreciated, rolling around in the muck trying to capture that perfect picture.  Maybe say a little prayer for his health (or laugh, whatever, I’m not judging you).  Also, be sure not to miss the pictures he posts on this site after each game.     

Before we get into today's Redskins game, I want give some thanks for more positive occurrences in DC sports.  Congrats to the Washington Mystics for winning their first championship.  Congrats go out to the Washington Nationals as well for reaching the world series.  These two teams (along with the Caps) are working hard to change the sports related mood around this town, and we're all happier for it. 

Lets move now into less cheerful topics, namely your Washington Redskins!  Yow know things are going bad, and I mean really dang bad, when your team has gone through three quarterbacks and two coaches and your not even half way through the season.  Today's fresh hell comes in the form of a specter of the our recent past coming to smirk at our misfortune.  Im talking of course of Kyle.  Kyle's spent the week assuring everyone that he isn’t holding a grudge, while very obviously holding a grudge.  “Everything else.”  You know what I’m talking about. 

If all he brought to town were his hurt feelings we wouldn’t have a problem.  Sadly, he’s arrived with an undefeated football team that the NFL says we have to play this week.  This feels entirely unfair. 

My generic key to the game:  Run the ball and stop the run.  The team (spoiler alert: 49ers) that does this today will win.   

Redskins Inactives  
      QB Colt McCoy  
      S Deshazor Everett  
      CB Josh Norman  
      RB Chris THompson  
      LB Josh Harvey-Clemons 
      G Wes Martin  
      TE Vernon Davis  

49ers inactives  
      QB CJ Beathard 
      WR Deebo Samuel  
      CB Ahkello Witherspoon  
      FB Kyle Juszczyk 
      T Mike McGLinchey 
      T Joe Staley 
      DL DJ Jones 

1st Quarter Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers

Callahan wasn’t playing around when he said he wanted to run the ball.  That first drive was all runs, and looked great... right up until they tried to pass the ball.  Hopkins missed the relatively short fied goal, because of course he did.     

Maybe Quinn isn’t a good choice to be returning punts?  Consider it.    

That second Redskins drive looked more like what we’ve come to expect from this offense.  Run for negative yards, pass dropped, and an unsuccessful screen pass.  A quintessential Redskins three and out. 

Passing yards this quarter:  Redskins 3. 49ers 9.  Are you not entertained?! 

Half Time Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers 

How happy are you to spend your Sunday afternoon watching this game?  Consider that some people paid money, to sit in a poncho, in the rain, to watch this game. 

It’s now time for those half time adjustments that our beloved skins do so well.  It’s unlikely the second half mirrors the first. 

3rd Quarter Update 
      Redskins 0 – 3 49ers  

Good news, this game will not end in a 0-0 tie.  Those half time adjustments have kicked in as expected and the 49ers have found a way onto the scoreboard in this messy throwback game.  The Redskins have decided to spend the second half collecting holding penalties and sadness.  Mercifully, only one quarter remains. 

End of Game Update 
      Redskins 0 – 9 49ers 

Callahan hasn’t spent much time as the head coach of the Washington Redskins, but he’s already proven that his team can waste 2nd half timeouts like a veteran.  It makes little sense to adopt a strategy that shortens the game when your team is losing, and it makes even less sense when your team is short on time outs.  I’m not really sure what the thinking as late in this game.    

Next week Kirk Cousins!   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lavarleap56

LL56 Extreme Madden : Week one schedule.WEEK ADVANCE WED 11:59 PM.

I wasnt going to start games until League Manager was set up but it is having issues. Owners who have a scheduled game with a OWNED team may go ahead and complete your game if you are able to. I would like to have a day to find out whats up with the players who wanted in but havnt completed the requirements yet. finding owners for teams without a game played is alot easier so dont play until i give the go ahead to play the cpu.

*If you contact your opposing owner and dont not recieve anything back by 24 hours let me know.

Right now im planning to advance on Wed night at 11:59pm IF everyone is signed up for league manager.

* good luck have fun and respect the rules.. the hunt for the championship starts now.

Update: Go ahead and get your games in if your opponent is controlled by the CPU. Not going to wait for the no shows any longer.

Hey Hitman#21, your inbox is full can't send PM.

Im available today 7 - until 12. I think we start week 2 on Wed.

Hey Hitman#21, your inbox is full can't send PM.

Im available today 7 - until 12. I think we start week 2 on Wed.

Thanks for letting me know i cleared my inbox.

I am playing week 1 tonight, and can play you after that. Should be playing 10 pm tnite my week 1 game.

I am playing week 1 tonight, and can play you after that. Should be playing 10 pm tnite my week 1 game.

Ok 10 is good for me!

So when do we have the green light to play computer? ....... i also see only 18 out of 32 users have joined so far......whats the hold up?

Damn I thought you were the Colts, but you're the Cards. I thought I read that somewhere. I'm the Texans mybad

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 03:03 PM ----------

Can we get an official list of user names and their teams? So many post & threads its getting confusing.

Damn I thought you were the Colts, but you're the Cards. I thought I read that somewhere. I'm the Texans mybad

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 03:03 PM ----------

Can we get an official list of user names and their teams? So many post & threads its getting confusing.

Agreed! Possible to lock that thread and make it a sticky?

I haven't joined the franchise on the 360 yet.. Plan on doing that when I get home.. I believe I play the Bucs week one, but they don't have a user.

Am I supposed to play the CPU or are we putting everything off until the league is full?

Agreed! Possible to lock that thread and make it a sticky?

Yeah i will try and get it done tonight.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 07:40 PM ----------

I haven't joined the franchise on the 360 yet.. Plan on doing that when I get home.. I believe I play the Bucs week one, but they don't have a user.

Am I supposed to play the CPU or are we putting everything off until the league is full?

Go ahead and play, not gonna hold everyone up.

There might be a better way... But under the contact info thread.. I edited my original post and added a picture of the Lions helmet so there wouldn't have to be a search for who owns the team.

Seems easy to be able go to the contact info thread... Look for logo/helmet of team you're going to be playing that week, and contact that person.. I dunno.. Made sense to me.

There might be a better way... But under the contact info thread.. I edited my original post and added a picture of the Lions helmet so there wouldn't have to be a search for who owns the team.

Seems easy to be able go to the contact info thread... Look for logo/helmet of team you're going to be playing that week, and contact that person.. I dunno.. Made sense to me.

I like that idea..

Im the packers. Just wont be home until tomorrow. The saints and I have already discussed an 11ish kickoff tomm night

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 11:05 PM ----------

Im the packers. Just wont be home until tomorrow. The saints and I have already discussed an 11ish kickoff tomm night

Ok cool, just want to make sure.

I quit my game against the CPU cause Im trying to find out why we aren't getting the current roster update. Donnie Avery and few others who should be on my team aren't.

I quit my game against the CPU cause Im trying to find out why we aren't getting the current roster update. Donnie Avery and few others who should be on my team aren't.

I dont see a problem w/ that. At least you let people know before starting your 2nd game. I suspect that is not the case w/ the other situation.

I dont see a problem w/ that. At least you let people know before starting your 2nd game. I suspect that is not the case w/ the other situation.

Did you get the roster update or is it just me? Yeah Im not gonna play till I find out whats up

When is the last time you spoke with him? Shows the saints left the franchise today.

When is the last time you spoke with him? Shows the saints left the franchise today.

240 yesterday. At that time neither of us had signed up, but we were shooting for tonight......