Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This week's game will tell you all you need to know about your team......

Tom [Giants fan]

I know I'm a Giants fan but I follow the Redskins pretty closely for two reasons,

1. They are a rival of the Giants

2. I don't hate them like I do the Eagles and Cowboys and sometimes following them makes me ill.

This is the type of game against the Rams that the Redskins would lose. I see a different Redskins team the first three weeks and think they will play as such. If the Redskins of the first three weeks show up, this game won't be close.

BUT, if the Redskins of old show up, they could get tripped up. That would show that not much has changed.

Honestly, if I had to pick one based on what I've seen, this game won't be close as the Redskins will win by 2 TD's or more. I suspect that this is a completely different Redskins team and Mike Shanahan has finally put his stamp on this team. It took a little while but he has broken through what was on this team to what now is.

The NFC East race could go down to the last week with the Eagles/Redskins and Giants/Cowboys games. It should be fun and this year, I fully expect the Redskins to be a part of the race until the end.

I also think the fans have a different attitude as they don't expect the same ole. I know there is a lot of disappointment from last night and some negativity because it was the Cowboys, but how the Redskins come out this week will say a lot as to how the rest of their season goes.

I don't doubt we'll 'show up' Thomas.

We've shown up for most every game under Shanahan and played hard until the gun. But we still have a propensity to beat ourselves, through a combination of a lack of top tier talent, inexperience, and bad coaching decisions.

I watched every down of St Louis' game against Baltimore, and they were beyond bad. Bradford was running for his life on most every down as they have zero O-line to speak of. I stopped counting the three and outs when it reached double figures. No skill players to help Braford out outside of Jackson, who's banged up. An equally bad defense lacking in basic fundamentals. (Some of the 'attempted' tackling and angles taken there in made pee-wee league kids look World beaters.). And both units giving up penalties for fun. The single worst display I've seen from any team in years.

All things being equal, we should go in there and open up a can of whoop ass on the Rams. A shocking team, with zero confidence, backed by the most apathetic fans in America. But this is the Redskins. A team that's still a complete work in progress, and one who peaks and dips not week-to-week, but quarter to quarter as we continue to build for next year and beyond.

I love and appreciate the sentiment Tom. Thank you. It's very gracious as we'd expect from you.

But honestly bud, not that your saying we should; we can't take ANY team for granted or dare to expect a win over ANYONE.

Hail.

Love the objectivity and I completely agree. We had a chance to really show what we could do last night, and we kind of did but left just as many questions. Any team can lose a close road game to a hated rival. How we play against the Rams in St. Louis will say a lot. Agreed about the redzone. SOMETHING needs to happen down there, too many points left on the field!

We're getting destroyed because we can't get in the end zone once we get within 20. I don't think this is the same team we've been watching the last 10 years, but we HAVE to start scoring TDs. It nearly killed us against Arizona and it bit us in the *** last night.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 11:31 AM ----------

I watched every down of St Louis' game against Baltimore, and they were beyond bad. Bradford was running for his life on most every down as they have zero O-line to speak of. I stopped counting the three and outs when it reached double figures. No skill players to help Braford out outside of Jackson, who's banged up. An equally bad defense lacking in basic fundamentals. (Some of the 'attempted' tackling and angles taken there in made pee-wee league kids look World beaters.). And both units giving up penalties for fun. The single worst display I've seen from any team in years.

Having seen all the Rams games this season, the one against the Ravens was their worst by far. They gave the Eagles a hard time for a half, but just made a dumb mistake or turnover here and there when they were about to score. Same with the Giants game. In those two it looked a lot like the Rams beat themselves as much as the other team did, but against the Ravens they looked like a high school team taking on a pro team.

I don't expect that to continue, so don't assume that they have or will play like they did against the Ravens, they have been a lot better than for the most part this season.

I think they will win, but I think the fashion in which they win will be more telling of the true make up of the team. They should win by 2+ touchdowns, but I have a feeling that it will be a close game with the game being decided in the last 2-3 minutes. Would you guys be happy if the Skins barely won?

The team overall feels much different than years past, but the level of execution appears to be the same. We simply have not figured out how to NOT play down to our competition. If you think about it, over the first three weeks, we only turn it on when our opponents do. If they score, we score (or come close). But if they flounder, we flounder. For once I'd like to see the Skins score a touchdown, get a defensive stop, and then score a TD on the next drive as well. That consistency is non-existent. It's been our problem for years.

Archived