Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Redskins still not ready for primetime?

themurf

There is a large sample of the NFL fans who watch MNF and it makes for good TV with any rivalry. The hype for the ratings and the drama with 'Americas Team' sells commercials.

Reality for the Redskins is that they are playing confident, consistent, possession, and penalty free, balanced football. They are the team that is in better physical shape and deeper on both sides of the ball. The 2011 Redskins don't care about the last 20 MNF games that are history. This team cares about how they view their future and the game that is right in front of them.

This team is looking to go 3-0 for the year, 2-0 in the division, and 3-0 in the NFC. It's the media and experts that have made this team a MNF road underdog by 5.5 points when everything trends to the Redskins winning this game. I might be biased and I might be overlooking something that the experts didn't. When I add it up, I've got the Redskins vs Cowboys as even money and that's only because it's in Dallas. Since I'm not a Sports Bettor I will decline the temptation. Still doesn't make any sense.

Great read as always Murf but this one I gotta.go the other way. My Skins have done nothing but win so far. We won't loose this game. Between their injuries and simply us being a better team. Count it, 3-0, beat a division rival, and we show our true colors on the national stage. I know Shanny.will.have everyone ready to go.

Good read Murf, although we are all riding high on this 2-0 start, I am still concerned about our offensive consistency. Rex has looked pretty good at times but he has left quite a few points on the field missing those bombs. This team could have and should have blew out both NY and Arizona. Hopefully this will be the game we get this offense firing on all cylinders, because as soon as we do, this team can be one of the elite in the league.

The topic of this thread is the reason that I always try to stay task oriented and try to avoid looking at "the big picture." I hope the players and coaches try that approach, taking it one thing at a time from the moment the game ended vs. Arizona to when they run the final play on Monday night. Master each individual task, and perform it with 100% effort. Run those routes, watch and study that film, run those plays in practice with 100% effort, know the gameplan and the opponent inside out. When Monday comes, tune the fans out to the extent possible and run the plays with the maximum amount of effort, one play at a time. Take what you learned during the week and execute it.

While I enjoyed the article, I hope no Redskins player actually reads it.

About the article, We won't know until Monday Night. The MNF record is based on last 10 seasons were the team wasn't very good with the exception of the 2 out of 3 seasons where the Redskins did win. Using previous seasons as a reason is a moot point. "Of course, the majority of those games involved players who are long gone. So maybe the roster is comprised of so many new faces that they haven’t been around long enough to know the burgundy and gold stink on primetime television" this quote alone is why we should ignore previous seasons. The Redskins 59-28 loss to the Eagles is history. Teams can do nothing but move forward and the Redskins have improved since that night.

Now about the analysts from ESPN and NFL Network, Detroit and Buffalo hasn't had much success since 1999 but yet their contenders, while the Redskins have won more playoff games than both teams put together in that same period is a pretender because of the same reason? This is exactly why I don't watch ESPN or NFL Network (expect for Playbook) to hear about what they think because none of them apply logic to their statements. They speak just for the sake of having their voices heard and hope that the future can back up their statement rather than their own sense.

I'm just going to enjoy watching the team regardless.

Archived