Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WaPo: A future for drones: Automated killing

Elessar78

Whenever people start putting to much faith in drones I like to remind them of this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38857999/ns/us_news-life/t/navy-drone-wanders-restricted-dc-airspace/

how does that compare to say the F-35 problems?

there are always issues to address with any tech......and drones are just tech.

I would caution on putting too much faith in technology, but the capabilities sure are sweet ain't they  B)

how does that compare to say the F-35 problems?

there are always issues to address with any tech......and drones are just tech.

I would caution on putting too much faith in technology, but the capabilities sure are sweet ain't they  B)

The difference is there was a pilot in the F-35.  Fire Scout lost all control.  And then the system that tells it to fly home if comms are lost failed.  If there is a pilot in it, he can at least aim it into the ground before the aircraft starts doing whatever it wants.

The difference is there was a pilot in the F-35.  Fire Scout lost all control.  And then the system that tells it to fly home if comms are lost failed.  If there is a pilot in it, he can at least aim it into the ground before the aircraft starts doing whatever it wants.

unless it's fly by wire fails, then you have a very expensive smoking pile. (of course triple redundancy helps prevent that)

drones are not going to replace pilots,they are going to enhance capabilities

Archived