Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game ball...turd ball

OxonHillSkinsFan89

I could be wrong, but I think #26 (Wilson) fell down and blew coverage on that one.

That was my original assessment.

However, on review, Wilson had coverage on another receiver.... but had to break it off to make the tackle after King made the catch.

The only other Redskins player that could have had coverage from the get-go was Fletcher -- and I doubt there's any defensive schemes that would put an inside linebacker on a TE -- otherwise it was just a busted play from the start. I never did see the OLB anywhere in the picture pre-snap.

Don't coaches generally gameplan with their opponent's weaknesses in mind? The Card's run D is pretty damn good, but their secondary is relatively weak with two young and inexperienced corners and big, somewhat slower, safeties that are much better in the box.

Except that fact that the team was unable to get the passing game today.... but it was very effective running the ball.

And the coaches were impatient with the running game... and passed far too often. Why does this team continually pass in 3rd and short? Especially when they've shown they can run the ball effectively.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 09:10 PM ----------

I don't mind Grossman at all. He is what he is. He's going to take some chances for big plays and go for the win. Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't. But that's his genetic makeup... a killer instinct. Conversely, you've got a game-manager type of quarterback in Beck. He can move the chains... but doesn't make big plays.

Pick your poison. I'd rather go with the guy who will attempt to win the friggin' game and make plays. In the 4th quarter... when you're down on the scoreboard (and hence, likely to lose anyways), Rex gives you a chance. Beck isn't the type of QB that's going to put up big leads... so if the team is behind early.. you can bet it will lose.

But I'll be damned if I have to sit through 16 games now... and have to listen to "well, that's the BAD Rex" every time he makes a mistake. Give me a break already. There isn't a QB in the league that doesn't screw up at least 10x each game (overthrowing receivers, throwing near INTs, making bad reads, etc).

Game Ball

Off- Trent Williams, he needed a game where he dominated his man all day and was very strong in the run game.

Def- Fletch, monster game, Kerrigan had the flasher plays but Fletch was a beast out there

ST- Banks, nice job flipping field position.

Turd Ball

Kyle Shanahan, horrendous play calling. He should be embarrassed of himself tonight.

Archived