Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Dallas Cowboys' Jerry Jones Says Tony Romo 'Outstanding' vs. New York Jets

terpskins10

The only reason Romo sits to pee was in a position to choke was how amazingly well he played the rest of the game against one of the very best defenses in the NFL. While it was a heartbreaking loss I thought the Cowboys were going to lose by 17 points before the game started, to even be close after suffering a blocked punt returned for a TD and being forced to play with CBs 4-6 really impressed me.

The only reason Romo sits to pee was in a position to choke was how amazingly well he played the rest of the game against one of the very best defenses in the NFL. While it was a heartbreaking loss I thought the Cowboys were going to lose by 17 points before the game started, to even be close after suffering a blocked punt returned for a TD and being forced to play with CBs 4-6 really impressed me.

Wierd things typically happen week 1 - as no one has film on anyone.

Just checkout the steelers getting blown out by the Ravens; the bills scoring 42 points on the cheifs.

Add - Romo sits to pee marching his team down the field against the Jets.

; for all we know, the Jets defense might not be very good this year. They did lose a lot of people up front.

I predict they don't finish as good against the pass, as they have the last two years.

I guess what I'm saying is, maybe the Cowboys moving the ball down the field so well on the Jets is a sign that they have regressed?

Unlike you, most puke fans are beginning to realize Romo sits to pee IS the problem.

I hope he's the pukes' qb for the next 10 years.

REALLY?!?!?!?

In the last 7 years has Smith has 55 game starts and a 72 qbr and has thrown only 10 less INTs than tony in 35 less games played and 69 less TD. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no matter what Romo sits to pee does Sunday it won't be worse than what Alex Smith does.

I can go out on a limb and say if my team is in the conference championship game, Romo sits to pee is going to ruin it. Alex Smith (or insert name of any mediocre-to-bad QB) probably will, but maybe not.

Yes its an exaggeration but a choker is the absolute worst kind of player in sports, especially at the most important position. If in fact winning a Super Bowl is the one and only priority of a football team, I think having a guy like him as your QB is fatal. If I were Jerry Jones I would very seriously consider downgrading to a more marginal player who doesn't shoot himself in the foot every single time.

While it was a heartbreaking loss I thought the Cowboys were going to lose by 17 points before the game started, to even be close after suffering a blocked punt returned for a TD and being forced to play with CBs 4-6 really impressed me.

Dallas fans are starting to sound like Redskins fans under Zorn or Spurrier during the Snyderatto years.

One of these days your head coach might do this on the sidelines and you may not even be surprised:

Can someone break down the Danny White comparison for us youngsters? I see it over and over again, and I get the gist but I don't totally understand. Thanks.

I think it's overblown.

Romo sits to pee is 10x the choke artist that Danny White was. Danny white just choked in the NFCCG or playoffs in general. Romo sits to pee chokes in just about every critical situation he is put in. I don't even remember Danny White blowing games like Romo sits to pee does either. He just didn't step up and win games. It's like how everybody thinks of Flacco or Ryan right now, but Danny White did that in the post season for 5+ years.

I think it's overblown.

Romo sits to pee is 10x the choke artist that Danny White was. Danny white just choked in the NFCCG or playoffs in general. Romo sits to pee chokes in just about every critical situation he is put in. I don't even remember Danny White blowing games like Romo sits to pee does either. He just didn't step up and win games. It's like how everybody thinks of Flacco or Ryan right now, but Danny White did that in the post season for 5+ years.

I remember Danny White like it was yesterday. Danny inherited the team from the Staubach superbowl years of the 70s. He didn't have a cannon arm (he and Montana were noted for throwing beautiful touch passes), and he wasn't the playmaker Staubach was, but he was a good quarterback. He managed the game well, didn't make a lot of mistakes, and had his fair share of comeback wins. I'll never forget the 1983 Cowboys. they started off 7-0, with every single one a come from behind win.

I don't think Danny White was a choker. He simply played on a team that was aging quickly and wasn't drafting very well. The Danny White teams would usually get off to a strong start and start fading as the season wore on.

I think it's a little different with Romo sits to pee. I don't remember seeing Danny White fumble the ball or throw a careless interception the way Romo sits to pee does.

I remember Danny White like it was yesterday. Danny inherited the team from the Staubach superbowl years of the 70s. He didn't have a cannon arm (he and Montana were noted for throwing beautiful touch passes), and he wasn't the playmaker Staubach was, but he was a good quarterback. He managed the game well, didn't make a lot of mistakes, and had his fair share of comeback wins. I'll never forget the 1983 Cowboys. they started off 7-0, with every single one a come from behind win.

I don't think Danny White was a choker. He simply played on a team that was aging quickly and wasn't drafting very well. The Danny White teams would usually get off to a strong start and start fading as the season wore on.

I think it's a little different with Romo sits to pee. I don't remember seeing Danny White fumble the ball or throw a careless interception the way Romo sits to pee does.

I think the good Tony is much better than the good Danny. I agree that Danny took over an aging team but I still think it had much better personnel around him than this Cowboys team particularly along the lines. Romo sits to pee's skillset lets him hide deficiencies with the offensive line and he can extend plays. The problem is that bad Tony is much worse than bad Danny. People like to compare him to Favre and I just don't see it. They both aggressively try to make plays but I think they do it in difference ways. Favre used to try force the ball into coverage because he had such a strong arm. I don't think Romo sits to pee forces things as much as he just has brain cramps. His interceptions aren't caused by throwing into double or triple coverage. They are caused because he either doesn't see a guy or doesn't quite make the throw he was hoping to.

Nobody puts themselves in a position to choke better than Tony Romo sits to pee. Nobody.

what was outstanding was that Romo sits to pee was able to blow the game in a mere 6 minutes. Most QB's need a good 40 minutes at least of suck-itude to accomplish what he was able to accomplish in a short period of time....

:doh:

Archived