Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tom Brady the Best Quarterback of All-Time? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

And Manning had Clark/Wayne/Harrison like I said. I'de take a Clark/Wayne/Harrison combo over Randy Moss any day of the week. LOL, record setting TE's? So who threw the ball to these record setting TE's? How about Drew Brees.....man he stinks. Thank god Jimmy Graham is so super awesome and makes Drew Brees look like a good QB huh? You can insert any athletic TE on the Pats/Saints and both QB's are going to turn them into gods. I guess Gronk would have shattered those records if he played for the Browns huh? Do you see how idiotic that sounds? Manning in the playoffs=disaster. 9-10 post season record is AWFUL. Bottom line is that Brady has done more with less. Manning is a phenomenal QB and will be in the HOF no doubt. Guy is amazing and it's a pleasure to watch him play. However, he is not to be compared to Brady. Right now Brady is in the top tier, below is Brees/Manning/Eli.

---------- Post added February-7th-2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

Brees/Manning/Eli/Rodgers

This is a joke argument. Playoffs are all about defense. Especially since Manning and Brady have played for a decade going back to the pre-sell out NFL of 400 pass yards a game. The Colts have always been swiss cheese but for maybe 8 weeks when they started 14-0.

LOL, #2 behind Peyton Manning? You actually compare Brady to Manning? Manning does not even compare to Brady, he has a 9-10 post season record which is AWFUL. He has had better WR's/RB his entire career compared to Brady. If Brady had Harrison/Wayne/Clark he would have 6 rings by now. Instead he won the superbowl with his awesome #1 WR Troy Brown.
The Pats would've been just as bad this year without Brady. Their defense was 31st in the league and they had no running game. Brady is the Pats.
Give me Brady. Manning is great don't get me wrong, but Brady is more clutch. The playoff records speak for themselves.

Brady wasn't really placed in Manning's shoes as far as having to truly carry a team on his shoulders goes until after he had three rings. His big successes came primarily with the help of what was a very, very good defense and one of the best clutch kickers of all time. Incidentally, Peyton's one ring came with similar help courtesy of a once-in-a-blue-moon healthy Bob Sanders and that very same kicker.

I'll grant you that Brady has had the better career by your usual HoF-style metrics but I'm still not so sure that there's much of a visible separation between him and Manning as pure talents.

Yup, but people are jealous so they hate on him...its actually amusing to me.

Just as you guys don't understand why we dislike the guy, I can never for the life of me understand why it's always because we're jealous. I have a wonderful life and a beautiful girlfriend. I'm very happy and would trade places with few people.

Would I trade places with him,? Sure who wouldn't. Would I like to win 3 super bowls? Of course, but my dislike for him doesn't come from jealousy. I'm sure you realize that right? That's a very broad generalization.

If it was a jealousy thing we'd all hate EVERY elite QB and that's just not the case. There is a dislike for Brady for a reason. If you guys say you think Rodgers is ****y and you don't like him for it, that's how you perceive the guy. I don't see it, but that's just me. I myself like him, but I wouldn't say anybody is jealous of Rodgers because they think he's ****y.

There is no denying his skill, I personally think he's #2 in the NFL right now behind Peyton Manning which means that he's in the top 10 of all time.

I can't stand him, but it has nothing to do with his skill, and everything to with the "Revenge Tour" they went on after they got caught cheating...that arrogance soured me against the entire NE Pats team.

He's not behind Manning. C'mon. That's crazy talk.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 12:49 AM ----------

Better yet, put him on a team with Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and the 4th ranked defense and....oh wait...
And they go 18-1.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 12:52 AM ----------

Brady had Randy Moss, the second best wide receiver to ever play, and didn't get a ring with him. This year he had a record-setting tight end duo, and didn't get a ring.

In case you missed 2008, Tom Brady's awful team went 11-5 without him. The guy who filled in for him had not started a football game since high school. When Tommy came back the next year, the Patriots only won 10 games.

Peyton Manning's super awesome magical team won 2 games without him this year. If he comes back next year I can pretty much guarantee the Colts will win more than 1 game.

The team with Moss went 18-1. Yeah, that's terrible. Newsflash: the best team doesn't always win.

Manning has a losing record in the playoffs. Brady is 16-6, with 3 Super Bowl rings. There's no comparison.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 12:54 AM ----------

This!!!!!!!

The Pats had the 2nd ranked defense when they beat McNaab and the Eagles. The Patriots defense forced FOUR turnovers that game. 3 interceptions and one forced fumble and recovery. The defense won that game.

Brady was handed 4 free gifts, two of which he took over already in eagles territory.

Brady won the MVP that game, genius.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 12:55 AM ----------

Sticks, You do realize that Coach Belichick has not won without Brady.

He was a disaster prior to going to the Pats.

This.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 12:58 AM ----------

Just as you guys don't understand why we dislike the guy, I can never for the life of me understand why it's always because we're jealous. I have a wonderful life and a beautiful girlfriend. I'm very happy and would trade places with few people.

Would I trade places with him,? Sure who wouldn't. Would I like to win 3 super bowls? Of course, but my dislike for him doesn't come from jealousy. I'm sure you realize that right? That's a very broad generalization.

If it was a jealousy thing we'd all hate EVERY elite QB and that's just not the case. There is a dislike for Brady for a reason. If you guys say you think Rodgers is ****y and you don't like him for it, that's how you perceive the guy. I don't see it, but that's just me. I myself like him, but I wouldn't say anybody is jealous of Rodgers because they think he's ****y.

I never said I disliked Rodgers. I merely said that he comes off way more ****y than Brady, and he hasn't accomplished near as much.

And they go 18-1.

The team with Moss went 18-1. Yeah, that's terrible. Newsflash: the best team doesn't always win.

Interesting. When we're talking about Manning, the only thing that counts is postseason records and Super Bowls. When it comes to Brady, the regular season counts. Jesus Brady also went 10-6 with Moss, which was worse than his mediocre backup did the year before. But for some reason 2008 doesn't count either.

Manning has a losing record in the playoffs. Brady is 16-6, with 3 Super Bowl rings. There's no comparison.

Like I was saying...

And I love this myth that Belichick never did anything before Brady. Bill Belichick's defensive gameplan from his Super Bowl as Giants DC is in the Hall of Fame.

He also coached the Cleveland Browns for 5 years. The Browns, you know, the worst franchise in the NFL? He coached them to an 11-5 record, which is the best record they've had in...I don't even know. 30 years?

Interesting. When we're talking about Manning, the only thing that counts is postseason records and Super Bowls. When it comes to Brady, the regular season counts. Jesus Brady also went 10-6 with Moss, which was worse than his mediocre backup did the year before. But for some reason 2008 doesn't count either.Dude, last I checked, 10-6 was still a pretty good record. Besides, comparing regular season to postseason is just dumb. Your postseason record is all that really matters in the end.

I'll give you another stat: Brady has been to a Super Bowl in nearly half of his seasons in the league.

Like I was saying...

And I love this myth that Belichick never did anything before Brady. Bill Belichick's defensive gameplan from his Super Bowl as Giants DC is in the Hall of Fame.

He also coached the Cleveland Browns for 5 years. The Browns, you know, the worst franchise in the NFL? He coached them to an 11-5 record, which is the best record they've had in...I don't even know. 30 years?

One season Belichick had a good record there, dude. What was his TOTAL record there? Awful And I don't give a **** what he did as an assistant. The fact is he didn't do anything until Brady came along. So the point about Brady winning because of his head coach is purely idiotic.

---------- Post added February-8th-2012 at 01:26 PM ----------

Brady is definitely in the conversation for best ever. Would be interested to hear how some voted for "below top 10"
He will definitely go down as a top 5 QB.

One season Belichick had a good record there, dude. What was his TOTAL record there? Awful And I don't give a **** what he did as an assistant. The fact is he didn't do anything until Brady came along. So the point about Brady winning because of his head coach is purely idiotic.

Okay, so coming up with one of the best defensive gameplans in Super Bowl history doesn't count as an accomplishment.

Coaching a team to the best record it's had in a gazillion years doesn't count as an accomplishment.

So, does 2008 count or are we still pretending that never happened? Or, maybe it did happen, but Brady willed the Patriots to victory on the sidelines while Bill Belichick was twiddling his thumbs and taking up space.

I'm gonna hurry and add that to Wikipedia before people start thinking that maybe Tom Brady isn't the only reason the Patriots win.

Coaching a team to the best record it's had in a gazillion years doesn't count as an accomplishment.

This ruins your argument completely as you're referencing the new Cleveland Browns and them being awful. The Browns that Belichick coached went on to be the Ravens and won the Super Bowl (and has been one of the most consistent winning teams since). The Browns were 36-44 with 1 winning season in 5 years under Bill. In the 5 year span prior to him being there, they were 44-34 with 4 winning seasons Including a 12-4 mark.

True. I'm just jealous we can't find a Rodgers, Peyton or Brady.

Archived