Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per ProFootball Talk: Redskin Players Decline Day Off

OxonHillSkinsFan89

We remember a huge amount of optimism about the Redskins last year after their opening week win....

Oh, really? lol :ols:...I remember a bunch of derision and talk of how the Redskins got "lucky" that Alex Barron held on that last play, and about how "lucky" the Skins were the Choice fumbled on the last play of the half, and about how "lucky" the Skins were to pull out a win considering they failed to score an offensive TD...

"Huge amount of optimism"...yeah, ok.

Cali, my boy, the Skins *were* lucky to win the opener last year. Of course, I'll take any win over the Cowboys, but that was a thorouhly unconvincing, ugly win to start that season.

Yesterday's game had a totally different feel - the team looked much, much better. I'm not sure it'll translate to all that many more wins this season - hope it will - but on the evidence from yesterday this team may finally be on the right track.

I hope you'll excuse some Skins fans our skepticism though - because the owner is still an enormous ass, and has made a habit of speading his ass-ocity around the organization and onto the playing field during his time in the owner's box.

STILL for the first time in a long, long, long while - things are looking up.

I honestly believe this will be a special year. Maybe not a playoff year, but a season that will make us proud to be a Redskins fan. I hope all the "Suck for Luck" fans stay quiet all season too. Clearly that was one of the dumbest arguments I heard all off season.

Archived