Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DirecTV Receiver In Washington DC Viewing Area

ILikeBilly

I am in the San Diego area. I am looking to swap 1 basic level (no DVR) DirecTV receiver with someone in the DC area. We would need to swap the receiver and the card.

The hope is that I can then watch the local DC sports channels since the box will be associated with the DC viewing area.

In return, you will receive a similar receiver and have access to the LA Lakers and other SoCal sports stuff. If it doesn't work, we could just swap boxes back.

Let's talk!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I am in the San Diego area. I am looking to swap 1 basic level (no DVR) DirecTV receiver with someone in the DC area. We would need to swap the receiver and the card.

The hope is that I can then watch the local DC sports channels since the box will be associated with the DC viewing area.

In return, you will receive a similar receiver and have access to the LA Lakers and other SoCal sports stuff. If it doesn't work, we could just swap boxes back.

Let's talk!!!

but wouldn't they then miss Redskin games??

The local stations are broadcast on spot beam sattelites for most markets. You would not get FOX from DC in LA, the signal is not there. You would, however not be blacked out of Comcast programming. Most LA locals are broadcast on national sattelites. You could get the signal for FOX, NBC and ABC for the LA markets in DC.

Other option is to send someone a slingbox in the DC area and pay part of their internet fee and pay for the extra receiver charge.

Archived