Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per ESPN 980, Redskins sign new PK

oscarsandman

I never quoted this many posts on one page. However these are some quality posts.

By saying the joke hasn't been made, you are making the joke. Therefore YOU are the donkey........ :ols: Just playin'

oh don't think i didn't think that too. :) in the immortal words of Shatner in Airplane 2: "Irony can be pretty ironic sometime".

According to the WaPo:

"Stitser appeared in five games for the Cincinnati Bengals as a rookie out of Fresno State last season, and made seven of eight field goal attempts and eight of 10 extra point attempts. The 6-foot-1, 200-pounder averaged 58.7 yards per kickoff."

Geezzz how is that even possible....

This guy only makes 80% of his extra points! That sounds aweful

The dude is still young. Kickers don't usually hit their groove until after they been in the league a couple of years.

I don't care if he's 24 or 44. When your missing chip-shot kicks inside 30 yards out that should be automatic for kickers, there's a major question mark against you.

Gano still has it ALL to prove going forward.

Hail..

I don't care if he's 24 or 44. When your missing chip-shot kicks inside 30 yards out that should be automatic for kickers, there's a major question mark against you.

Gano still has it ALL to prove going forward.

Hail..

Agreed, Gano may have all the potential in the world to be a great kicker but potential can only get you so far. Just look at Malcolm, If you can't get it done on the field than you won't be playing for much longer.

According to the WaPo:

"Stitser appeared in five games for the Cincinnati Bengals as a rookie out of Fresno State last season, and made seven of eight field goal attempts and eight of 10 extra point attempts. The 6-foot-1, 200-pounder averaged 58.7 yards per kickoff."

This guy only makes 80% of his extra points! That sounds aweful

And this is why you can't simply look at stats and know the whole story

Could be that the Bengals line sucked so piss poor that those were blocked because of a terrible line?

I know its a stretch but just saying

Oh and Gano needs competition.

Good pickup front office!

Ahem ...

Absolutely. I'd like them to sign a guy like Clint Stitser, formerly of the Bengals coincidentally. Young dude, was 7/8 for FGs last season with the longest being a 47 yarder. He missed 2 XPs, but he's still young and provide a fresh leg to compete with Gano. To keep pushing him.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/7/29/2304428/bengals-waive-place-kicker-clint-stitser-and-wide-receiver-shay-hodge

http://www.nfl.com/player/clintstitser/2507815/profile

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?351597-Per-Rotoworld-K-Shayne-Graham-Released-UPDATE-more-competition

:ols:

took some time to look through some of the more unproven kickers out there on the rise to come in and give Gano a run for his money. Kicker from the Philadelphia Soul is a "local" guy I watched in College at U of D...First team All American with some talent. Might be worth it to give him a look...

Archived