Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: Chimp attack victim reveals her new face

#98QBKiller

Not bad considering what she looked like before. Technology has come a long way.

_54552213_012638897-1.jpg

Click link for full story:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44096766/ns/today-today_health/t/chimp-attack-victim-reveals-her-new-face/#.TkQpIGH0fSs

Chimp attack victim reveals her new face

Charla Nash can smell, eat again after receiving a face transplant

After two years of living behind a veil, Charla Nash revealed on TODAY the new face that science has given her, a visage that replaces the one mangled in a vicious attack by a friend’s pet chimpanzee that left her without a nose, eyes or lips.

That Charla survived the attack at all is amazing in itself. But the new face that Charla has shown the world seems nothing short of miraculous. Once again she has a nose and lips. Once again she may be able to do the simple things we all take for granted: to literally smell the roses, to taste her food, and to breathe through her own nose. Her first meal after the surgery: Eggs and cream cheese.

“I’m beginning to feel my jaw and chin,” Charla told TODAY. “And I can move my mouth and smile. I still feel weak. But little by little I’m getting stronger.

Not bad. Pretty cool to see some of the amazing things technology can do.

Can she not open her eyes yet? In the picture her eyes almost looked sealed shut and the article only mentions she can smell and taste again.

Can she not open her eyes yet? In the picture her eyes almost looked sealed shut and the article only mentions she can smell and taste again.

She lost them in the attack. If memory serves me I think the chimp ate them or at least part of them. It's amazing they were able to get her looking that good.

She lost them in the attack. If memory serves me I think the chimp ate them or at least part of them. It's amazing they were able to get her looking that good.

Hopefully this will dissuade people from owning them as pets. They're violent creatures and if they turn on you, you're ****ed.

---------- Post added August-11th-2011 at 03:58 PM ----------

Thank you. I saw it once. Enough for me.

BTW, whatever happened to the owner of Travis the Chimp? Wasn't she being charged with crimes?

She actually died of an anuerysm a year or so later.

Thanks for the update. I remember hearing about the attack, but didn't remember most of the details.

Archived