Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Young RBs Struggle in Preseason, BRING BACK PORTIS!

F Landry

Portis is probably going to be picked up as an injury replacement somewhere at or near the vet minimum salary. If a couple of our RB's go down and it ends up being here, I'd have no problem with that...he does know the system so he could step right in. But this is ONLY if our RB group is decimated by injuries and we need to bring someone in...hopefully that will not happen!

I've told a lot of friends this, and I'll make mention of my thoughts on Portis for my ES brethren. I honestly think that Portis as a tailback is done. My honest assessment is that he has nothing left in the tank to be a good back. Now what I'd love to see happen is for CP to return to us as a fullback. With his blocking skills, we could put him in a package with any of our other backs and even give CP the ball 8-10 times a game.

Though that's just my opinion on what I think would be a perfect scenario. Will it happen, I doubt it, but it would be a very nice fantasy to come true. :D

I've told a lot of friends this, and I'll make mention of my thoughts on Portis for my ES brethren. I honestly think that Portis as a tailback is done. My honest assessment is that he has nothing left in the tank to be a good back. Now what I'd love to see happen is for CP to return to us as a fullback. With his blocking skills, we could put him in a package with any of our other backs and even give CP the ball 8-10 times a game.

Though that's just my opinion on what I think would be a perfect scenario. Will it happen, I doubt it, but it would be a very nice fantasy to come true. :D

Portis can still run, the problem is he is not durable. Fullback is much more physically demanding than tailback.

Clinton won't make it through a game.

We could use another CB,lets bring back Darrell Green too....

But back on topic,I have a real good feeling about Hightower and i havent had that feeling about Portis in a while.

The one thing about Portis that i will miss though is watching him block the hell out of blitzers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dagF3Xoyq3Q&feature=related

God i loved that hit.:beavisnbutthead:

Bring back Portis for what? His balls are dislocated guys... he cannot even sit to take a dump without wincing... He went to Joh Thompson show and said he wants to play for Giants/Eagles so that he can pay us back twice a year... same thing Arrington said.. he ended up no where....

Archived