Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Young RBs Struggle in Preseason, BRING BACK PORTIS!

F Landry

If Hightower fumbles every single handoff handed to him in the rest of pre-season, & Helu can't remember which goal-line he is supposed to run to and costs us touchdowns in the first 2 games, and Hightower freezes every single time he touches the ball, and Torain remains out for the first 22 games of the season, and there is NO ONE on the practice squad available to call up, and every single undrafted Free-agent RB has been snatched up, and neighbor 4 doors down, (Bob) is on an extended vacation, then I would be alright with bringing Portis in for a try-out to see if he still has anything in the tank.

Otherwise I would have to say it's time to move on.

Although I did enjoy his very first run for us....

If Hightower fumbles every single handoff handed to him in the rest of pre-season, & Helu can't remember which goal-line he is supposed to run to and costs us touchdowns in the first 2 games, and Hightower freezes every single time he touches the ball, and Torain remains out for the first 22 games of the season, and there is NO ONE on the practice squad available to call up, and every single undrafted Free-agent RB has been snatched up, and neighbor 4 doors down, (Bob) is on an extended vacation, then I would be alright with bringing Portis in for a try-out to see if he still has anything in the tank.

Otherwise I would have to say it's time to move on.

Although I did enjoy his very first run for us....

So its a maybe then?

I like Portis as well but he hasn't played well in 2 seasons, plus he has a habit of tripping over himself. I've been impressed with Hightower but concerned with him holding on to the ball. I think the Redskins have enough depth at running back with Torain and Helu.

there's a reason he still unemployed man. get over it. Its over Johnny. If three of our RBs went down I still wouldnt bean advocate of bringing portis back. too good to practice, bad attitude, inflated self image.... OVER.

I don't know why but this made me think of this......

GrommetPlane.jpg

Love CP

But it is time to move on and go young. I actually had no problem if Shanahan wanted to cut CP last offseason too but unfortunately Shanahan didn't do the rebuild mode until this year. But I advise people who dismiss CP, same thing was said last year and he did come into camp and beat out all comers. He beat out Johnson and Slow Willie and he beat out Mr. "Out a few weeks" Torain. So he still did have something. At least a year ago at this time. Now? Who knows? But it's time to move on.

I disagree with your idea. However, I'd like to go another direction. You used to be named after Portis, and he was frequently injured and his best days are behind him. You have renamed yourself after Landry; his achilles is not healing quickly.

If for some reason you ever change your screen name again, please note that you are a jinx and don't name yourself after any more players. Thank you.

I disagree with your idea. However, I'd like to go another direction. You used to be named after Portis, and he was frequently injured and his best days are behind him. You have renamed yourself after Landry; his achilles is not healing quickly.

If for some reason you ever change your screen name again, please note that you are a jinx and don't name yourself after any more players. Thank you.

Good call Forehead.

Actually OP please immediatly rename yourself to "Malcoomb".

Who knows, that may actually reverse the curse and we may see the Comb set TD records

I know CP isn't necessarily a viable option for us anymore but it really seems like he's now a hated man on ES. Shame. He wasn't a perfect Redskin by any means but there were long stretches where he took this team on his back. What he did here in DC despite our offensive line woes and poor coaching (Zorn *cough*) should receive more credit.

I actually think that Portis used in the right role could be very effective. I just don't think it should be on the Skins. As scruffylookin said above, he outperformed pretty much every one of our back last year except Torain. But he's clearly not an everydown back anymore and we need to give Hightower, Torain, Helu, et al a shot. Portis was a great Redskin. Time to move on however.

I feel Portis does not have enough left to be a feature back anymore. To be an effective third down back you not only need to be able to pick up blitzes and block well, you also have to be a viable receiving threat out of the back field.

Portis is only adequate in this area. Besides #26 is already taken I believe. If there was any remote thought by Shanny of possibly bringing him back I think they would not have handed out that jersey so quickly.

agree time to move on...just a lil surprised no team has picked him up by now.

I think his reputation for being a disgruntled employee might have a little bit to do with this but I absolutely expect his phone to blow up as RBs around the league start getting hurt. Who knows? Maybe he has gotten some calls but doesn't want to take part in anyone's training camp right now. He's always hated training camp.

Archived