Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Young RBs Struggle in Preseason, BRING BACK PORTIS!

F Landry

it's run it's course..... it was a good run and he will always be one of my favorite Redskins of all time. But you're starting to sound like one of those nuts who couldn't let go of Col-- -------- I don't want to say his name. number 5 out of Hawaii. If Rex and Beck don't work out.

No, but the guards and tackles opened more holes for him than Rabach did. Rabach didn't pull much, so any lanes he opened would have been when Portis ran up the middle. Which, IIRC, he didn't do a whole lot. Not that he wasn't necessary, just his impact on the running game wasn't as big as you portrayed it to be.

Is this sarcasm or are you being serious?

Yeah i dont think so....I mean i like CP and have nothing but respect for the man,but id rather struggle with Helu,IF,both Hightower and Torrain gets injured.

HighTower is a monster.Helu will be a monster.And Torrain is a monster when healthy.CP hasent been a monster in quite some time.

My question to you is WHY IN GODS NAME would you want to bring back an old, drama filled, no longer any good RB on a team that is rebuilding? Who cares if Helu and Royster are not what we think? We aren't making a SB run. This has to be one of the worst ideas anyone has ever come up with here!

At this stage of Portis's career, he's really only viable as a blocking back and, perhaps, a 3rd down back. He has garnered no interest in FA, and appears to be promoting himself half-heartedly to entice a team. We have already seen a pattern in 30 something year old backs being released and unable to find new homes. Teams are leary of signing these guys for a reason. This is especially indicative of Portis, when you consider that he has been placed on the IR the past two seasons. I believe we have enough talent and depth at the position that would not require re-signing Portis. In fact, I would not be in the least surprised to see Portis remain unsigned until the season is fully underway. He'll more than likely have to hope some injuries occur in order for him to get an opportunity this year, but it looks almost highly unconceivable it will be with the Skins.

I would take Portis back even if it is just for a 3rd down option. He deserves to retire as a Redskin anyhow and wasn't the main reason he was let go because of his pay check? Ill always be a Portis fan no matter what the haters say.

Continue with the senseless personal bashing.

If you all want to be delusional about our RB situation, that is fine with me. Just saying, if we have 1 or 2 injuries its not going to be pretty. I hope that I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is that these late round unproven rookies won't be blowing it up just yet.

HTTR

Continue with the senseless personal bashing.

If you all want to be delusional about our RB situation, that is fine with me. Just saying, if we have 1 or 2 injuries its not going to be pretty. I hope that I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is that these late round unproven rookies won't be blowing it up just yet.

HTTR

And you think Portis would be a better alternative? Really?

Shanny has been able to get a productive running game out of nobodies.

Delusional? hardly. I like Portis, I really do, but there are times when you just have to let it go.

In your opening post. You stated.

"First guys, let me start by saying my username used to be PortisFan101 (I renamed when it was clear Portis's days were behind him)."

Delusional? So I guess you put yourself in that same category?

And you think Portis would be a better alternative? Really?

Shanny has been able to get a productive running game out of nobodies.

Delusional? hardly. I like Portis, I really do, but there are times when you just have to let it go.

In your opening post. You stated.

"First guys, let me start by saying my username used to be PortisFan101 (I renamed when it was clear Portis's days were behind him)."

Delusional? So I guess you put yourself in that same category?

LOL! Good catch. Way to support your players, there Landryfan!

Archived