Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where will Cooley end up in Skins lore?

jpage520

He's Don Mattingly. A local fave who isn't going to the hall of fame and was a bright spot on lots of ****ty teams.

Of course the story isn't written yet but that's the chapter we are on now I think.

As an on the field contributor, this is on the money. He's been a solid starter throughout his career and Redskins fans, for the most part, adore him.

He'll probably be remembered as one of the more accessible Redskins players of his era. He isn't afraid to laugh at himself or talk to the fans.

Redskins history, barring something absolutely earth-shattering, will smile upon Chris Cooley.

Cooley is one of my all time favorites and we should be glad that Joe Gibbs didn't give into his old friend and draft Kellen Winslow Jr. When he passes Jerry Smith with receptions and yardage, he will be the all time leader in Redskins history at TE. In my book he will be the best Redskins TE in modern time only because Jerry was the best in his own era and overall. If we can win one SB before he retires he may have a chance at the HOF.

Being the best on a poor team isn't saying a lot. He's not even a top five TE in the league and you want to give him an honor that should be reserved for the best players in this team's history. If you keep giving out honors like this for mediocrity, you will run out of numbers. It also waters down the true greats in this team's history such as Sammy Baugh and Darrell Green.

Archived