Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: NFC East dominant team 2014-16

Titaw

NFC East dominant team 2014-16

By Dan Graziano

As far as the Dream Team of Tomorrow project is concerned, the NFC East is a big question mark. We don't have any idea what the quarterback situations will look like for any of these teams in 2014-16, so deciding who'll be the most dominant team in the division was not easy. But I'm picking the Cowboys.

Tony Romo sits to pee will be 34 when the 2014 season starts. But as long as they build an offensive line that can keep him clean (Doug Free will be 30 in 2014 and this year's first-round pick, Tyron Smith, will be only 24), he's surrounded by offensive talent that should hold up. Miles Austin will be 30 in 2014, Dez Bryant 25, Felix Jones 27, Tashard Choice 29, DeMarco Murray 26 and Jason Witten still just 32. They're good enough to make the Cowboys an excellent offense for the next three years, and young enough that, if they do so, they can keep it going through the following three.

The Giants have some age issues that scare me off, and the Redskins have too many current holes to allow for such projections. So, from here, three years out, having to make this pick in July of 2011, I'm saying the Cowboys are your dominant NFC East team of tomorrow.

link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/28423/nfc-east-dominant-team-2014-16

Sorry but to say the Cowboys are going to be dominant IF they have an O-line is pretty much saying that the Skins have too many current holes to make a prediction. I get it the Skins are probably 2-3 years away from being good, but at their current construct the Skins are in better position than any of these teams to be the dominant team of 2014-2016 as long as they continue down the current road they seem to be traveling on.

:rolleyes:

Surprise, surprise. ESPN projecting the Cowboys to be good, based on the exact same criteria they used to project them to be the first team to host a Super Bowl. Anyone care to take a guess how that will turn out?

We have fewer holes than the Cowboys do right now. Both of our O-Lines are suspect. Using the same projections they do, we'll have offensive talent that will hold up: Hankerson, Paul, Armstrong, Robinson, Helu, Torain, Cooley, Davis. The only real edge they have on offense is at QB, and that will more than likely be remedied by this time next year.

On defense, we have the better secondary, our linebackers as a group are comparable, and the D-lines are very similar.

However, the Cowboys are a lot older right now, and they are in cap hell. We, however, aren't.

A comment in the comments section from "Bill_in_DC" says,

"It appears that both Brady & P Manning have asked, as part of the settlement that they be exempt from the Franchise tag for the remainder of their careers (same thing that was given to the plantiffs in the last settlement). That would make P Manning a UFA as soon as the CBA is signed.

Won't that be interesting?"

Time to start the Redskins speculation? :P

A comment in the comments section from "Bill_in_DC" says,

"It appears that both Brady & P Manning have asked, as part of the settlement that they be exempt from the Franchise tag for the remainder of their careers (same thing that was given to the plantiffs in the last settlement). That would make P Manning a UFA as soon as the CBA is signed.

Won't that be interesting?"

Time to start the Redskins speculation? :P

Only one I might be interested in is Logan Mankins.

Archived