Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Johnson Knows Skins Audibles!!!

DIESEL TROLL

I can't believe this is even considered an issue.

We played the Giants and Jesse Palmer TWICE last year and I do not recall hearing any mention of it. There are 40 former Gators in the NFL -- tied for second most with any other University and the vast majority played for SOS.

Somehow, I think that this is an issue that has already been accounted for -- a long time ago.

Well Ramsey is going for his 4th straight victory as a Redskins starting QB.

As far as the audibles. They didn't really produce much against the Jets so who cares really if Johnson thinks he knows them. Is it really that hard for Spurrier to say, "ok for this week instead of this being the audible play, it is going to be this" WOW.....EXTREMELY DIFFICULT...SKINS ARE IN TROUBLE, AHHH.

Originally posted by NBlue

I can't believe this is even considered an issue.

We played the Giants and Jesse Palmer TWICE last year and I do not recall hearing any mention of it. There are 40 former Gators in the NFL -- tied for second most with any other University and the vast majority played for SOS.

Somehow, I think that this is an issue that has already been accounted for -- a long time ago.

Great point. I was thinking why isn't there any mention from games last season that had a former Gator WR, RB, QB, or OL? I'm just going ot do a quick list from last season's schedule. I'm sure I will miss some players, but it makes the point.

Opponent Player

SF (wk 3) T. Jackson, RB

Ten (wk 4) Z. Piller, OL/E. Kinney TE

Sea (wk 9) D. Jackson, WR

Jax (wk 10) F. Taylor, RB/M. Pearson, OL

NYG (wk 11) J. Palmer, QB/I. Hilliard, WR

Hou (wk 16) J. Gaffney, WR

Originally posted by Brave

There seems to be a great effort to manufacture bad blood between Spurrier & the Redskins and Johnson & the Falcons. I wish the media would just shut up already and let these two 1-0 teams get it on Sunday.

Write about the game AFTER it's played ... that way you can write about FACTS instead of fiction. :)

Facts? FACTS! We dont need no steenkin' facts! ?

Why would the pundits let a little thing like facts get in the way of a good media frenzy

You give Sports reporters much to much credit. Even a few of our local guys have jumped on that tree.

Because Dave, if one doesn't have audibles, you have Norv's biggest problem. Seeing the defense lined up is more than likely going to work well against the play called, and end up running it anyway. Remember how that turned out more than once. Also, this just in, that's a very intregal part of the S.S. offense and why it was successful at Florida and why it can be successful in the pros. With some tweeks I'm sure.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Because Dave, if one doesn't have audibles, you have Norv's biggest problem. Seeing the defense lined up is more than likely going to work well against the play called, and end up running it anyway. Remember how that turned out more than once. Also, this just in, that's a very intregal part of the S.S. offense and why it was successful at Florida and why it can be successful in the pros. With some tweeks I'm sure.

:cheers:

As Spurrier has said many times, the audibles are not meant to get into a perfect play, but out of a bad play.

Originally posted by MichaelM

Great point. I was thinking why isn't there any mention from games last season that had a former Gator WR, RB, QB, or OL? I'm just going ot do a quick list from last season's schedule. I'm sure I will miss some players, but it makes the point.

Opponent Player

SF (wk 3) T. Jackson, RB

Ten (wk 4) Z. Piller, OL/E. Kinney TE

Sea (wk 9) D. Jackson, WR

Jax (wk 10) F. Taylor, RB/M. Pearson, OL

NYG (wk 11) J. Palmer, QB/I. Hilliard, WR

Hou (wk 16) J. Gaffney, WR

*High-Five* That pretty much says it all.

Also its a miracle the other college coaches are able to survive with other players knowing THEIR audibles. Butch Davis/Cleveland with all the Miami Players in the league. Dennis Erickson with Oregon (& Miami). It genarally a pretty BS line of thinking.

Archived