Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True Blood Season 4 (6/26/11 - May Contain Spoilers)!

'Skins_&_'Stons

Should the U.S. government subsidize businesses that make over 1 billion dollars in net profit  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the U.S. government subsidize businesses that make over 1 billion dollars in net profit

• Yes, if the government stops subsidizing they'll just pass the costs onto the consumer anyway
    • Maybe, if it's for targeted research or if they win grants for something extrordinary
    • No, they're profitable enough to offset any business expenses
    • No, and we should add additional taxes

Wow. The season premiere was awesome, but there was a bit too much going on. There a ton of story lines this season. Hopefully they can merge some of what is going on, so we don't drive ourselves nuts trying to remember all the twists & turns.

I'll wait until a few more folks join the discussion before posting spoilers.

Ive tried to watch this show a few times and simply doesn't appeal to me. I feel it is just riding on the coat tails of Vampire craze that has been going on the past few years.

I have no idea about the timing of True Blood vs. Twilight, but it's far better and appeals to adults over teens.

As for the first episode, I enjoyed it once we left fairy land. I hope they use that setting sparingly. I like that Eric owns Sookie's house and that Bills seems to have moved on to some extent. I also like the image work the vampires are doing. Overall, I think it was a very strong first episode.

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

I liked the first episode and I don't mind over the top elements in entertainment. That said, some of the story lines in last night's episode seemed out there. The beginning seemed like I was watching something from the Sci-fi channel with the magic grenades thrown by goblins lol. Then Tara all of a sudden becomes an ultimate fighter and lesbian? Her becoming a lesbian wasn't so much of a surprise because she did have some jacked up relationships with men, but her becoming a cage fighter is. It was a pretty weird episode. A lot of times during the episode, It really didn't feel like I was watching True Blood.

Interesting couple of episodes (watched them via HBOgo).

The necromancy thing seems promising, and it will be fascinating to see what's going on with Eric.

The bickering between Jessica and Hoyt is getting a little annoying, even if it does makes sense.

Not sure what is up on with Arlene's creepy kid. He seems to have some kind of power.

I don't know what to make of the fairies. It kind of reminds me of something from the Dresden files.

Oh yeah, I just remembered what happened to Jason. Pretty wild, lol.

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

I liked the first episode and I don't mind over the top elements in entertainment. That said, some of the story lines in last night's episode seemed out there. The beginning seemed like I was watching something from the Sci-fi channel with the magic grenades thrown by goblins lol. Then Tara all of a sudden becomes an ultimate fighter and lesbian? Her becoming a lesbian wasn't so much of a surprise because she did have some jacked up relationships with men, but her becoming a cage fighter is. It was a pretty weird episode. A lot of times during the episode, It really didn't feel like I was watching True Blood.

You know what's funny to me? The Tara storyline is probably the most realistic in the world in which you and I live!

I could have done without the 8-9 minute introduction taking place in fairy land though. I saw that a week ago and was relieved that they didn't spend more time there. I also really am intrigued by the witch storyline. Like you said, over-the-top elements are what I'm looking for in these types of programs. To me, what makes TB an A instead of a B is the supporting cast. The minor characters and the 3-4 lines they deliver each week are awesome. Terry, for example, saying that he used to "invent new animals" when trying to reassure Arlene was priceless. His brother, Andy being hooked on V and Jason having to be the responsible one? Hilarious.

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

The 2nd episode is more like a typical TB episode and overall it is MUCH better than episode 1 IMO. You can watch on HBOGO if you have an HBO subscription. ;)

The 2nd episode is more like a typical TB episode and overall it is MUCH better than episode 1 IMO. You can watch on HBOGO if you have an HBO subscription. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I did like last night's episode. I am entertained by over the top movies and shows. For example, I thought the "nuke the fridge" scene in Indiana Jones 4 was cool lol, where a lot of people compare it to jumping the shark. I'm not saying I didn't like the changes with the characters in TB, I just didn't see some of the changes coming and need to process the changes more.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see something...

Is it just me, or is her face getting more and more busted with each passing season? In season 1, she was cute with a couple flaws. Now, to me, she is just ugly with a great body.

I always thought she was one of those girls with a not so hot face but a decent body. She has Michael Strahan teeth.

I always thought she was one of those girls with a not so hot face but a decent body. She has Michael Strahan teeth.

No...me too. But her face has gotten more and more "not so hot" with each season. In season 1, I thought she was cute at times (generally when she closed her mouth). Now, I think she's pretty ugly. Her body is, and has been, incredible.

I liked the episodes but hated the fairy crap. Tara is actually pretty. Didn't like the Hoyt and Jessica bickering part. The witches are crazy.

The first two episodes have strayed wayyyy far away from the books, but I watched them twice and liked em better when I wasn't expecting them to emulate the books.

Don't mean to be a buzz kill, but about 15 minutes in I just gave up. When the dispossessed fairies started throwing glowing bombs at Sookie and her gramps I just feel like this show has jumped the shark...and this is the first show of the new season. I guess I can just hope that the second episode does better or I'm going to completely tune out.

• 2 weeks later...
"You killed my fairy godmother!!!"

What an ending.

Haha and gotta love Eric saying "Oops, I'm sorry." The whole lost Eric bit was funny but the typical badass Eric needs to come back in the upcoming episode or the following one. Don't think they can go too far with the story when a significant character has no clue who he is.

Eric drunk off fairy blood was certainly entertaining.

Harry Potter's aunt possessed. Creepy.

Jason telling the skinny rapist panther whore to **** off was awesome. That chick is BONKERS.

Debbie is up to no good. I'd bet anything. Her & Sookie are gonna throw down at some point.

Bill finding out that he banged his great-great-great-great-great granddaughter had me laughing hysterically.

Archived