Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chrome For Mac Users: Warning When Closing Multiple Tabs

Hubbs

I've used Firefox and Safari for years, and one thing that's saved my ass a few times is the warning that will pop up if you accidentally try to close a window with a bunch of tabs open. Chrome originally did not have this warning for either the PC or the Mac version. I've searched for ways to add a warning, and apparently adding Chrome Toolbox to the PC version of the browser allows you to check an option that provides the warning. Unfortunately, the Mac version of Chrome Toolbox doesn't seem to have this feature.

So, Mac Chrome users, is there a way to add the warning? Is there an App or Extension I can download? Or something else altogether? Anything would be helpful.

There is not such a function that I know of. However, just to point out the obvious, you can go to "History" and there is a button that will restore all the tabs you just closed. I know this isn't what you want, but just in case you weren't aware at least you can do that.

There is not such a function that I know of. However, just to point out the obvious, you can go to "History" and there is a button that will restore all the tabs you just closed. I know this isn't what you want, but just in case you weren't aware at least you can do that.

True but I'm going on a limb and thinking about being 90% done filling out a form or something...

I've used Firefox and Safari for years, and one thing that's saved my ass a few times is the warning that will pop up if you accidentally try to close a window with a bunch of tabs open. Chrome originally did not have this warning for either the PC or the Mac version. I've searched for ways to add a warning, and apparently adding Chrome Toolbox to the PC version of the browser allows you to check an option that provides the warning. Unfortunately, the Mac version of Chrome Toolbox doesn't seem to have this feature.

So, Mac Chrome users, is there a way to add the warning? Is there an App or Extension I can download? Or something else altogether? Anything would be helpful.

What made you switch from Firefox to Chrome? I tried Chrome for a while but I didn't like it enough to make the full-time switch from Firefox. I have noticed that the newest version of Firefox has an interface that is similar to Chrome...at least more than it used to be.

What made you switch from Firefox to Chrome? I tried Chrome for a while but I didn't like it enough to make the full-time switch from Firefox. I have noticed that the newest version of Firefox has an interface that is similar to Chrome...at least more than it used to be.

Firefox is a memory HOG and is the reason you get the stupid color waiting circle/pinwheel.

Thats why I stopped using Firefox. It was slowing down my performance.

Bring up the memory manager and you will see what a pig it is.

Firefox is a memory HOG and is the reason you get the stupid color waiting circle/pinwheel.

Thats why I stopped using Firefox. It was slowing down my performance.

Bring up the memory manager and you will see what a pig it is.

Just from my uneducated opinion, Chrome seemed to give me the pinwheel way more than Firefox.

Archived