Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Chicago-area man returns bag with $17K in cash

Taylor4Life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I would turn it in.

Now..if it were a life-changing amount of money? Like in the many hundreds of thousands or even million+ dollars? I'm not sure. I'd like to say I'd do the right thing, but I'm not sure.

if its a life-changing amount, people will be suspicious how you are spending more money than you should have. one IRS audit and you're ****ed.

lot of honest folks in this thread.

Call me cynical, but it's easy to be proper and honest without finding 17 grand on the street.

Personally, as much i'd like to do the right thing, if i thought i could just walk away with it, i would and thank my lucky stars for my good fortune. I know i sure as heck aren't in the position to turn 17 thousand bucks down in the name of being a good citizen and "doing the right thing."

hail.

this!

I just can't see keeping anything over 100-200. Anything more than that and it just seems like you're asking for trouble. Sure, it might belong to a bank, or it might belong to the mafia. Why take your chances. In Chicago, there's bound to be a camera that can see you at some point. Hell, it could be a tv show testing you. I can't imagine keeping a sum that large and thinking that something wouldn't go down as a result.

I would turn it in.

Now..if it were a life-changing amount of money? Like in the many hundreds of thousands or even million+ dollars? I'm not sure. I'd like to say I'd do the right thing, but I'm not sure.

:ols: $17,000 would definitely change MY life!

Doesn't matter, though. $20 or $20,000,000, if its not mine, its not mine.

Archived