Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you think some in the media are genuinely concerned the Washington Redskins are getting their act together?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The Redskins usually aren't on the media's radar except for the wrong reasons, i.e., idiotic Haynesworth deals and bad McNabb trades. I also fail to see why any of them would be "worried," if that is the correct word to use, unless we start winning games and demonstrating some consistent competency. Plus, the only people that would be really worried would be the haters, anyway: most journalists find our team's escapades to simply make for a good byline.

I have listened to my last 5 minutes of Non-Nationals 106.7 programming. I apparently got in the car this afternoon immediately after a "bombshell" from Jason Reid. I listened to Dukes and Lavar go on for about 5 minutes about how much of a profound tidbit of information Reid dropped on them. At one point they were intimating that the Shanahans got rid of McNabb because they had a blind hatred for the guy and how unprofessional that was. I mean, 5 solid minutes about this. And Lavar chimes in about how other players in the league see how the 'Skins did McNabb and Haynesworth and they won't come here because they'll be treated the same way.

So, I'm thinking that Reid said something like Shanahan spit in the guy's face, slapped his momma and kicked his dog before benching him. Well, they played the soundbite from Reid coming back from the break and what he said was esentially: McNabb was late to all the workouts, wouldn't spend the necessary time learning the offense, didn't want to learn it, wouldn't wear a wristband to help him call the plays and was generally not interested in putting in the work. And that once the Shanahans found that out, they couldn't wait to be rid of the guy. Then, he mentioned that Beck WAS willing to do those things.

Dukes lost his effing mind. He was saying that if the Redskins were going to start Beck because he was willing to do whatever they asked, then that would be a fiasco, and there should be no expectation that McNabb would do those things because he was a known quantity as a quarterback.

WHAT????!!!!!???? Are you kidding me? There is no longer an expectation in the NFL that your Quarterback will learn your damn offense? There's no expectation that your leader will set an example and get to practice early? That he won't take the time to learn the offense?

These guys are truly idiots. To paraphrase: Fat, stupid and angry is no way to go through life, son.

I wonder what Dukes will complain about on monday? I'm thinking redzone. He'll rant about lack of redzone production.

I'll then remind myself that he suggested the Wizards change their name to the Warriors on the air a while back. Let that sink in.

Destino, make no mistake. There will be a lot of talk tomorrow on 106.7, and hardly any will be positive I'm sure.

They will talk about how it's only pre-season, and pre-season wins mean nothing. (As if the fans really need to be told this)

They will talk about Graham missing field goals, and if the Shanahan's were really "serious" about giving Gano a competitor during training camp.

They will talk about how for all the good things the offense did, they still only broke the end zone one time.

and who knows what else, but what I have no doubt they will do is make fun of every optimistic fan who tries to call in tomorrow.

Archived