Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WINK News (Real CBS Affiliate): Tables Turn: Deputies and movers show up at bank to seize property for homeowner

Hubbs

What are you most looking forward to, post-lockout?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to, post-lockout?

• Actual football being played!! (TV or Live)
    • Rebuilding for the future (free agency, etc)
    • Fewer threads discussing Dan Snyder
    • Other - explain in your post

I double-checked the source, given the name, and yes, it appears that this is the actual station that happened to get the letters WINK. The story:

COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A bank foreclosure story you've got to see to believe. A Collier County couple turns the tables on Bank of America, the bank that tried to foreclose on their home. Now, the family is foreclosing on the bank! Even bringing trucks and deputies ready to seize property.

The foreclosure nightmare started when Warren and Maureen Nyerges paid cash for a home owned by Bank of American in the Golden Gate Estates. They never had a mortgage whatsoever. But, the bank fouled it up and wound up issuing a foreclosure through their attorney.

The couple took their case to court and after a year and a half nightmare the foreclosure was dropped. A Collier County judge said Bank of America has to pay the couple's $2,534 legal fees for the error. After more than five months the bank still hadn't paid up. So, the homeowners' attorney did just what the bank would do to get their money, legally seize their assets.

Awesome.

****ing awesome. I hate Bank of America with a passion. Nothing felt better than calling them a year ago and closing every single account I had with them. Credit Unions FTW!

I did better than that.

Mom and Dad had a mortgage on their house. And the bank got bought by BofA. And BofA started jerking them around. (For example, Mom and Dad's mortgage was due on the 15th. Well, BofA started calling them every month, on the 12th or so, and demanding to know why their mortgage payment is late. And I'd explain to them that the payment wasn't due yet. And they'd announce that all BofA mortgages are due on the first. And I'd point out that we didn't have a BofA mortgage, we had a BankX mortgage, and when BofA bought BankX, the ink on the contract didn't magically change.

And the whole time this was going on, Mom and Dad had enough money to pay off the mortgage (several times over), sitting in a checking account. But here they were, paying a thousand a month in interest to BofA, who was treating them like ****

It only took me about six months, but I was finally able to convince Mom that when the bank that holds your mortgage is ****ing with you, the best, most potent way you had to punish them was to pay the thing off. Treat me like ****, will you? Well, now you aren't making a grand a month profit off of me.

that story makes me wonder how many houses have been taken by banks when they don't have a right to them. i would think it would be rare, but with millions of foreclosures being issued, i'm sure many mistakes were made (like this one). i just wonder how many of these stories don't have a happy ending like this. kinda scary.

I'm trying to do a refi for a family who currently has a mortgage serviced thru BOA. Unfortunately when they initially purchased the home from the VA back in the mid 90's they purchased using an "installment contract for deed" meaning that a deed was never actually recorded here in the county in which the home resides, but simply held by the bank that was holding the financing for the property. This bank was eventually bought out by BOA so now they hold the deed. We've been trying to get them to send us the deed for over 2 months now, and they simply don't respond to anybody. I expect them not to be cooperative with me I work for their largest competitor, but they completely ignore the homeowner, their attorney, everybody. They've essentially got them held hostage and theirs nothing that can be done. What a ****ty corporation.

that story makes me wonder how many houses have been taken by banks when they don't have a right to them. i would think it would be rare, but with millions of foreclosures being issued, i'm sure many mistakes were made (like this one). i just wonder how many of these stories don't have a happy ending like this. kinda scary.

I'm glad you asked. :)

Read away.

Archived