Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports: Report: Cowboys targeted Ingram in draft

tr1

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43193018/ns/sports-player_news/

The Cowboys reportedly had Mark Ingram in their sights had they successfully traded down with the Jaguars in the draft.

Due to their high regard for Tyron Smith, Dallas reportedly rejected Jacksonville's offer to move to the No. 9 spot. Had they made the deal, the Cowboys would have used the extra second-rounder to move back into the first for a shot at Ingram. The front office placed more of an emphasis than expected on upgrading the backfield this season. Despite Jason Garrett's comments to the contrary, it's clear that Felix Jones is best utilized as a situational back.

---------- Post added May-28th-2011 at 08:27 AM ----------

Let me be the first to say it: Felix Jones was a bust pick for the pukes. He's one dimensional and not likely to stay healthy.

Just the facts.

Let me be the first to say it: Felix Jones was a bust pick for the pukes. He's one dimensional and not likely to stay healthy.

Just the facts.

tr1! You ass. :slap: You know facts and the pukes don't mix. :slap:

Felix Jones is the best back in the entire NFL that will blossom now the walking poster child for the Pilsbury Doughboy has left and the Ginger Avenger is in place to rule all.

There TRPB, I saved you a post.

Hail.

[/color]Let me be the first to say it: Felix Jones was a bust pick for the pukes. He's one dimensional and not likely to stay healthy.

Just the facts.

Add this to the immortal fact that Marion Barber is a fraud and I still get epic chuckles when I remember people saying he would be a stud full-time back. Overrated backfield in Dallas, 3 headed monster LOL.

So, I think it is final. Out of the three Arkansas Razorback running backs who were drafted in 2008, The sexy Darren McFadden and the smexy Peyton Hillis are studs while un-Felix Jones is made of glass. (un-Felix=unlucky)

DOWN

GOES

THE

COWBOYS.

Yay, Oakland and Cleveland(and Shanahan for "discovering" Hillis)

And that's what we love about Jerruh. He stays with his guys, no matter how much they continue to prove he made a bad choice.

If Jerruh ever leaves the Cowboys, I'ma be so heartbroken it might just finish me. Life would just appear so pointless. No pain any woman could bring down would compare to the Cowboys becoming respectable again.

Hail.

And that's what we love about Jerruh. He stays with his guys, no matter how much they continue to prove he made a bad choice.

He's such a poor choice of talent...relying on your friends' at your alma mater is just stupid.

I think it's a stretch to call a guy like that a friend when he lead Jones to pass on RB's like Rashard Mendenhall and Chris Johnson.

Agreed. Plus, I don't understand why they don't give Tashard Choice a chance to be the primary ball carrier with Jones as the change of pace back. Whenever he's played, he's looked pretty solid.

Agreed. Plus, I don't understand why they don't give Tashard Choice a chance to be the primary ball carrier with Jones as the change of pace back. Whenever he's played, he's looked pretty solid.

lol, except for that nice little fumble in the very first game last year

I was thinking about that, but they passed up the better RB in that draft also. Just trying to point out another missed opportunity.

Gotcha. Although I'm pretty sure that was Fattie Mantitties' call and not Jerrah.

Archived