Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Because of the lockout, Should any head coach lose their job next offseason?

88Comrade2000

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Because of the lockout, Should any head coach lose their job next offseason?

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 06:14 PM ----------

I would say no. The lockout has disrupted everything that no team has been able to prepare for the season as they normally would. If there is a season, it's going to be a rush job to get free agency over with and then some sort of training camp.

I'm guessing a coach or two will lose their jobs if they are approaching the end of their contracts and don't improve the team no matter what the circumstances are. If you aren't happy with a guy you aren't going to extend his contract. Several coaches have to be on the hot seat right now including Gary Kubiak, Chan Gailey, Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio, Tony Sparano and maybe even Hue Jackson (remember who he works for).or Norv Turner.

Gary Kubiak, Chan Gailey, Marvin Lewis, Jack Del Rio, Tony Sparano and maybe even Hue Jackson (remember who he works for).or Norv Turner.
This is a solid list. Even though Jackson hasn't coached a down yet, his owner is a crazed coach firing machine.
Barring a full season lockout, I don't care what the excuses are. If the Giants miss the playoffs for the third year in a row, Coughlin needs to go.
Did he sign an extension or is he a lamb duck coach right now?

He'll likely be given a one year extension after the lockout ends. The Giants don't usually allow their coaches to become lame ducks.

Which, I think, is smart. Better to have perceived confidence than not, I suppose.

As for the topic? Sure. As someone else stated, an awful coach is an awful coach.

I don't think anyone will lose their job because of the lockout. I think if they were on the hotseat before the lockout they are still their regardless. Guys like Del Rio, Lewis, and Kubiak are the ones that come to mind because they are on the hot seat. Houston, Cincinnati and Jacksonville aren't exactly the cream of the crop jobs to have anyway.

I disagree about Houston. They have a pretty good owner with lots of money who is willing to spend it when necessary. Jacksonville isn't really in great shape money wise and Mike Brown in Cinncinnati is still Mike Brown.

Agreed. Houston is a solid job. It's just taken time to undo the damage done by Charlie Casserly. That and they play in a tough division. But they've got support from ownership and a good fanbase so there is no reason that a coach can't win there.

Archived