Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Georgetown Hoyas Basketball Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Huge win vs. Villanova.  That's the marquee win they have been looking for.  So good to see Copeland get going, he was the highest ranked recruit coming into this year.  Like I said before, I think Copeland, Peak, and White are all going to be very good players.  Campbell hopefully can run the point in the coming years.

Big road win at Marquette in overtime.  Fought super hard.  Campbell hit a huge 3 pointer in overtime.  Peak twisted his ankle pretty hard in the first half, hopefully he can recuperate.  Smith and Hopkins dominated, Hopkins went 11-12 in FT, that's amazing considering his free throw percentage.

• Like 1

http://georgetown.247sports.com/Bolt/Kaleb-Johnson-Commits-To-Georgetown-35134425

Kaleb Johnson Commits To Georgetown

The Georgetown Hoyas picked up a commitment on Wednesday morning from class of 2015 three-star small forwardKaleb Johnson of the Carlisle School in Martinsville, Va.

With Johnson's commitment, the Hoyas 2015 recruiting class now stands at four as he joins Jessie Govan, Marcus Derrickson and Louisville Cardinals transfer Akoy Agau.

After picking up a scholarship offer from Georgetown's coaching staff, Johnson and his family made the trip up to Washington D.C. to, once again, visit the Hilltop before taking in Tuesday night's matchup with the Xavier Musketeers at the Verizon Center.

In Johnson the Hoyas are adding a player that 247Sports' Jerry Meyer described as "an athlete with an instinct for the ball and strong motor," this past December after his play in the Phenom Hoops National Jamboree.

Per the industry generated 247Sports Composite rankings, Johnson is considered to be the 171st best prospect in the class of 2015. Those same rankings list him as the 33rd ranked small forward in his class and the eighth ranked player in the state of Virginia.

Johnson's rated slightly higher in Jerry Meyer's 247Sports rankings as he checks in at No. 157 overall in the class of 2015. He is considered to be the 31st best small forward in his class and the eighth best player in the state of Virginia.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 1 month later...

Georgetown finishes the regular season second in the Big East, ranked #23 in the nation.

Not bad for a team that was supposed to have a down year.  Now they need to get what has eluded them for a long time - a deep run in the NCAA tournament.  Winning the Big East tournament would be excellent as well.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

It was a very good game to watch, Creighton battled all the way.  Smith-Rivera was huge down the stretch, hit a couple of huge 3s and made a ridiculous driving layup with the shot clock winding down.  Joshua Smith also played big, had an uncharacteristic steal in crunch time that was big.

On to the semifinals.  Play the winner of Butler/Xavier.

JT3 doesn't know how to get his team ready in March. Happens every year. You'd think after Xavier beat them twice during the regular season he'd have them ready. Nope.

No chance they make it to the Sweet 16. They take such horrible shots. Probably will lose in the first round.

Edited by abdcskins

Xavier was just a bad match up for the Hoyas.  :(

They were, especially with that big white dude Stainbrook.  But I don't want to hear any excuses from Georgetown, they were flat out dominated effort and performance wise.  They let Xavier do whatever they wanted, and took horrendous shots on offense.  The good shots they took they clanked.  Xavier beat them twice during the regular season, what did they expect?  Part of that is the players just playing badly, and some of that is coaching not getting them ready mentally or being able to make adjustments.

Frankly, if I were Georgetown's athletic director, John Thompson III's job is on the line.  I said the same thing last year, anyone feel free to rewind the thread.  They are perennial underachievers.  Watch, they will lose their first round match up or be one and done.

The question is whether I have the balls to actually pick it in my bracket 

Georgetown has disappointed before

Do it.  I am.  

Traditionally they lose in March.  That's a fact.  No reason to go against it.

Obviously I hope otherwise.