Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOR SALE: One Aussie dollar.

SkinnedAussie

That's right, I have for sale one crisp Australian dollar (actually, it's a nice shiny coin). It is going for the bargain price of US$1.11.

You read it right, one Aussie dollar will now buy 111 US cents. There was a time when at US$1.05, the Aussie dollar was expected to level out and once again fall below parity, but it looks like it could go even higher before it starts to drop.

That's right, I have for sale one crisp Australian dollar (actually, it's a nice shiny coin). It is going for the bargain price of US$1.11.

You read it right, one Aussie dollar will now buy 111 US cents. There was a time when at US$1.05, the Aussie dollar was expected to level out and once again fall below parity, but it looks like it could go even higher before it starts to drop.

Oh hush! You're descended from criminals you can't be trusted. :ols:

I was watching the heartbreaking destruction in Alabama of all the tornado damage, and then Obama says that Federal funds will be allocated to rebuild. I thought 'How is that possible when the US are quickly running out of money?'

Is it right that I heard the US was losing a couple of billion dollars a day just in fighting the various wars?

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

BTW, our gas prices are verging on $1.50 per litre. My way of a quick conversion is 4 litres to a gallon, then 4 x $1.50 = a close enough result.

I was watching the heartbreaking destruction in Alabama of all the tornado damage, and then Obama says that Federal funds will be allocated to rebuild. I thought 'How is that possible when the US are quickly running out of money?'

Is it right that I heard the US was losing a couple of billion dollars a day just in fighting the various wars?

At the height of the Iraq war it was at 10 billion per month, so no a couple billion per day is not right. Has a decade of war cost our country...you betcha.

BTW, our gas prices are verging on $1.50 per litre. My way of a quick conversion is 4 litres to a gallon, then 4 x $1.50 = a close enough result.

Oh and there are 3.78 liters in a gallon, so you're paying $5.67 cents per gallon. See what you guys need is an oil rich country to invade so you can control their oil supply, that shouldn't be hard for a bunch of criminals. ;)

I'm here in Sydney for a semester abroad, and this exchange rate is KILLING me. I'm trying to get a part-time job since minimum wage here is great, and I will go broke if I don't. Students who studied abroad here in past years were raving about the exchange rate, since it used to be like US$1 = AUD$2. Guh.

Archived