Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lorenzo Alexander and Anthony Armstrong Show at Redskins Camp

BrandonJ83

Seen this on ESPN. I thought it was kinda weird about Bruce Allen meeting them there and kinda watching them. Kinda like they were going to steal something.

"Jets players Brandon Moore, Mike DeVito, D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Jerricho Cotchery all reported to their team facility Tuesday morning, as did two Redskins, linebacker Lorenzo Alexander and receiver Anthony Armstrong.

The Redskins players were met by general manager Bruce Allen and told they were allowed in the building but could not work out. They both left after a few minutes.

"It was a little weird," Armstrong said. "It felt like you were sneaking into the club or something like that, and they knew you weren't supposed to be in there but they hadn't done anything about it yet. Just a little awkward."

Alexander said he would call other teammates to let them know there wasn't much reason to show up.

"It was not a scene or nothing," Alexander said. "I picked up my mail, and I'll go work out now where I've been training at. ... I do have a lockout bonus, and since the lockout is lifted out, I wanted to make sure I took full advantage to come up here and work out because I don't want some technicality to happen later: 'You didn't show up. You didn't come.' And then I'm out of my workout bonus."

They can come in but can't they work out? That's retarded. What kinda point is Synder trying to make? That pisses me off.

Not Snyder's fault. These rules were implemented by the NFL as they are awaiting a stay from Judge Nelson. So, essentially, the lockout is still in place. No workouts, no communications, no nothing until tommorrow.

Able to come in and not work out...

It's an NFL thing, not just a Redskins/Snyder deal. Ryan Clark was just interviewed on First Take and said he and some other guys went to the Steelers' facility, but could also not work out. He said all they could really do was talk to some of the staff (apparently nothing football related). In fact, he said when they first showed up, the doors were literally locked.

So, seems like it's the standard way of doing things until things get worked out with the NFL's appeal or teams get some further guidance from the league.

They can come in but can't they work out? That's retarded. What kinda point is Synder trying to make? That pisses me off.

Snyder's not trying to make a point. You inability to understand that through your blind hatred should piss you off. :)

Could this just be a little loop hole everyone wanted so that teams can get playbooks out to the newly drafted players? Notice the 'Skins had one offensive and one defensive player show up. Were they given any written material or directions on getting playbooks to the draftees?

It is just my opinion, but as a coach/GM, I would take advantage of this small window and guide my players.

Could this just be a little loop hole everyone wanted so that teams can get playbooks out to the newly drafted players? Notice the 'Skins had one offensive and one defensive player show up. Were they given any written material or directions on getting playbooks to the draftees?

It is just my opinion, but as a coach/GM, I would take advantage of this small window and guide my players.

Interesting you say that b/c the tweets this morning stated that they both were rejected by Bruce so they left the building with thier "mail"...mmmm? Could be far-fetched of course. But something to consider, i guess.

This post just goes to show you that people are hating Snyder just to hate him. The fact that you had to single out Snyder proves that the man can't do anything without people getting on his case.

This post just goes to show you that people are hating Snyder just to hate him. The fact that you had to single out Snyder proves that the man can't do anything without people getting on his case.

Hey you know that the earthquake in Japan was also his fault. While riding my bike on the tow path I hit a rock and fell off, Dan put the rock there.

you get the idea...so much for great "instinct"

OMG there are some silly things in this thread.

Guess what all of this is about?

Workout offseason bonuses

It's not about evil Snyder, it's about men who have contracts and bonus money like Furgeson who's to gain $750,000 as long as he workouts a certain percentage which is usually above 80% at the teams facility in the offseason. These bonuses in the contracts didn't put the time table for this based off a lockout season. In Furgesons contract his deal said he had to work 85% of the time at the teams facility starting in February. Well February came and went with the players locked out. So naturally he went to the facility today so he earned his bonus. Same with these guys. However what you don't get is what happens if these guys got hurt working out? That's a serious liability there and if I were the owner I'd had made them sign a waiver or something before letting them in too. That's a responsible thing to do.

I dislike Snyder as much as the next guy but seriously this aint about him. its about the players earning bonus money. The players aren't awesome because they went in today either. If I were getting paid to workout I'd show up too. So would you. Non story

Archived