Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News Video on the Internet complaint

BeachSkin

This isn't really political, but it's about political news coverage.

I HATE the transition of internet news sites from text to video. I can read far faster than people can speak. I can also find the key points of an article far quicker than I can if I'm forced to listen to a whole video. And it's easier to go back and re-read something you missed or wanted to re-find the next time. Especially now that I have to sit through 15-30 seconds of ads before I get to hear the story.

Am I the only one who hates this trend?

I'm with you, I HATE listening to/watching a video to get info. Hate it. If I click on something from BBRN, I immediately close the window if it turns out to be a video.

Unless its something I'm specifically wanting to watch, like highlights or something.

This thing is a life-saver. I watch streaming shows online all the time: never watch stuff on TV. And doing that was SO annoying, with ads popping up everywhere. Now? Watching the newest episodes of something like Dexter, on a sketchy-ass site, is like watching on NBC.com's official video player...no ads, no annoyance. Love it. Can't recommend it enough.

Couldn't agree more. I hate - hate - being linked to video stories. 99% of the time I don't watch them. And ESPN's had its ****ing autoplay videos embedded in every article page for over a year now, which is why I barely go to ESPN.com anymore.

This thing is a life-saver. I watch streaming shows online all the time: never watch stuff on TV. And doing that was SO annoying, with ads popping up everywhere. Now? Watching the newest episodes of something like Dexter, on a sketchy-ass site, is like watching on NBC.com's official video player...no ads, no annoyance. Love it. Can't recommend it enough.

Word. I would use Chrome, but it doesn't have AdBlock.

Couldn't agree more. I hate - hate - being linked to video stories. 99% of the time I don't watch them. And ESPN's had its ****ing autoplay videos embedded in every article page for over a year now, which is why I barely go to ESPN.com anymore.

Agreed. NFL.com does it a lot as well, and their embedded video player is SO slow as well. Its obnoxious.

I'd rather read a mock draft or an article than watch Mayock point to a mock draft video board any day. Its so annoying.

Couldn't agree more. And thus I've been to espn.com probably twice in the last year.

Totally agree with the OP too.

Archived