Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two puke players say Kitna is better than Romo...why can't puke fans get on board?

tr1

Martellus Bennett and Roy Williams, two awe inspiring and pivotal ;) puke players, have weighed in on the Romo sits to pee vs Kitna debate, and are in the tank for Kitna.

As recently as two years ago, Aikman and Buck were criticizing Romo sits to pee for poor play (and Garrett for poor play calling - another thread for another day.) Oh, and the fan base was ready to throw him overboard.

So, how in the world to puke fans, who are serious students of the game, go against two of the team's players who are saying the same thing several in the organization have on their mind?

When the pukes pick a qb early, rest assured that puke nation will come around to Bennett and RW's way of thinking.

:ols:

I would be interested in seeing the interview or the quote where Williams said that. The only think I remember Williams saying was right after Romo sits to pee went down, Williams basically said that Kitna would be able to step in and do the job.

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 11:44 AM ----------

Bennett and Roy are Kitna guys because thats the only way they get the ball.

With Tony, he looks for Jason, Miles, Dez, Felix, hell even Leonard Davis before he looks for Roy and Bennett lol.

Actually, Roy got the ball a lot less with Kitna playing QB. Williams was putting up Pro Bowl numbers before Roy went down. Once Kitna took over, Roy went back to invisible.

Let the locker room infighting continue down South.

I think we should get a Stephen McGee campaign up and running to really send this out of control.

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 12:51 PM ----------

Actually, Roy got the ball a lot less with Kitna playing QB. Williams was putting up Pro Bowl numbers before Roy went down. Once Kitna took over, Roy went back to invisible.

Oh for the days when your numbers actually had to be good to classed as a pro-bowl possible,

Hail.

I wont get on board with it because I am not an idiot........Sorry, But Kitna is not a better QB then Romo sits to pee moving forward. Kitna is a damn good back up QB...Dallas is lucky to have a Back up QB that good, but he isn't better then Tony Romo sits to pee nor is he a better "Fit" then Romo sits to pee......Nor will he push Tony Romo sits to pee for the Starting spot......and its not true at all that he "outplayed" Tony Romo sits to pee last year........after Romo sits to pee's injury........

But hey, we all need something to talk about for God Sake, he may not have Football come August. :(

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 01:57 PM ----------

I think the only Locker room trouble going on with Dallas QBs will be those that are made up outside the Dallas Locker Room. Honestly, there is no issue in Dallas, where that is concerned.

QFT!!!!!

Well put and right on Z money......

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 12:51 PM ----------

Oh for the days when your numbers actually had to be good to classed as a pro-bowl possible,

Hail.

Prior to Romo sits to pee Going down, Williams had posted 21 catches for 306 yards and 5 TDs. If you project that out over 16 games, you get 67 catches, 979 yards and 16 TDs. Perhaps Pro Bowl is a bit to zelous on my part but it would not be real far off. Now, of course, that never happened and who's to say it would have worked out that way? It's possible that he would not have had as good a season as this but it's also possible that he would have had a better one. The point being that Roy Williams was having a much better season while Tony Romo sits to pee was at QB as opposed to Kitna.

Bennett and Roy are Kitna guys because thats the only way they get the ball.

With Tony, he looks for Jason, Miles, Dez, Felix, hell even Leonard Davis before he looks for Roy and Bennett lol.

Tony looks for Jason and Miles, Dez didn't do squat with Romo sits to pee, felix hardly ever caught a pass from Romo sits to pee in fact wasn't it choice that caught the pass at the end of the 1st half that was subsequently stripped and returend for a td by hall?

All hypothetical, but given Williams career to date, both in Dallas and elsewhere, I'd say that's more than a "bit" zelous on your behalf to think he'd of been Hawaii bound. (To a joke of an "All Star" game that's an absolute populist sham, but that's for another thread.).

Total aside, and trying to be impartial on the 'Girls, no doubt much to the OP's disdain; I'll never understand how Ogletree is so pitifully under utilized by Dallas. Outside of Witten, he arguably has the best hands on the team. Something that can't be said for Williams.

Hail.

All hypothetical, but given Williams career to date, both in Dallas and elsewhere, I'd say that's more than a "bit" zelous on your behalf to think he'd of been Hawaii bound. (To a joke of an "All Star" game that's an absolute populist sham, but that's for another thread.).

Total aside, and trying to be impartial on the 'Girls, no doubt much to the OP's disdain; I'll never understand how Ogletree is so pitifully under utilized by Dallas. Outside of Witten, he arguably has the best hands on the team. Something that can't be said for Williams.

Hail.

Not entirely accurate. In his first 4 years with Detroit, he averaged 913 yards, 61 catches and 7 TDs per season with nobody throwing to him. Those numbers are not that far off from the earlier projection.

Ogletree doesn't get open when he sees the field. That's why he's not seeing more time.

Hail.

If Williams catches 16 td passes he might actually of been Hawaii bound, but even I doubt it given that he's even more of a disappointment in the fan's mind than he is on the field. As for Ogletree, the word out of Dallas for his lack of time on the field is he just isn't willing to earn more. After fighting onto the roster and his flashes in 2009 he spent 2010 slacking off and not bothering to learn the playbook. He suffered from the lack of motivation and sense of entitlement the whole team had under Wade.

As for Ogletree, the word out of Dallas for his lack of time on the field is he just isn't willing to earn more. After fighting onto the roster and his flashes in 2009 he spent 2010 slacking off and not bothering to learn the playbook. He suffered from the lack of motivation and sense of entitlement the whole team had under Wade.

That's a real shame and both to the detriment of the player and owner, who's overseen this type of environment in Big D for way too long now. (Or not long enough from a Redskin standpoint. ;).).

Real shame as the kid has talent.

Hail.

I think the Cowboys would be better off in the long run trading Romo sits to pee once this CBA mess is settled. They've already seen there is very little drop off offensively when Kitna starts. There have been reports, including one from Jason Garrett, that Kitna is simply a better leader than Romo sits to pee is. Romo sits to pee has missed time due to injury in 2 out of the last 3 seasons. And at 31, Romo sits to pee isn't far off from seeing his athleticism, which is a big part of his game, start to fade. Unless the Cowboys, for some strange reason, believe that Romo sits to pee will lead them to a Superbowl in the next couple of years, they have a great opportunity right now to pick up a young, talented QB and get excellent value for Romo sits to pee in a trade.

I think the Cowboys would be better off in the long run trading Romo sits to pee once this CBA mess is settled. They've already seen there is very little drop off offensively when Kitna starts. There have been reports, including one from Jason Garrett, that Kitna is simply a better leader than Romo sits to pee is. Romo sits to pee has missed time due to injury in 2 out of the last 3 seasons. And at 31, Romo sits to pee isn't far off from seeing his athleticism, which is a big part of his game, start to fade. Unless the Cowboys, for some strange reason, believe that Romo sits to pee will lead them to a Superbowl in the next couple of years, they have a great opportunity right now to pick up a young, talented QB and get excellent value for Romo sits to pee in a trade.

I suppose the same could be said for Eli, eh? ;)

The problem with the pukes (which is actually a nice thing for all of us) is that from the GM down to the waterboy, they ALL BELIEVE THE HYPE. They're in the 'all-we-need-is-one-or-two-players phase', something the Skins have suffered from for about a decade.

Hopefully, another decade of doom will settle itself nicely on the pukes...and, of course, their fans.

:)

---------- Post added April-15th-2011 at 02:43 PM ----------

Oh definitely. Romo sits to pee sucks. The Skins should just relieve the Cowboys of their suffering...

He'd be a disaster here. Without an above-average o-line, he's a turnover machine.

I suppose the same could be said for Eli, eh? ;)
No, not really. Eli is already a terrible athlete (he can't even run forward without falling on his face and fumbling the ball). So I don't think a loss of athleticism (although, honestly, I'm having a tough time comprehending how Eli Manning could get less athletic) would have a big effect on his game, since it has such a small role in it already. Speed and agility are much bigger part of the play of Tony Romo sits to pee. Which is why I question how much longer he can continue to perform at his current level. Look at what happened to Donovan McNabb.

Not to mention that Eli has already proven he can win a Superbowl, trails only Petyon in consecutive starts by a QB, has a backup who hasn't started a game in three years, and the Giants aren't really in a great draft position to take one of the young QB's. I don't see how any of my points apply to him.

No, not really. Eli is already a terrible athlete (he can't even run forward without falling on his face and fumbling the ball). So I don't think a loss of athleticism (although, honestly, I'm having a tough time comprehending how Eli Manning could get less athletic) would have a big effect on his game, since it has such a small role in it already. Speed and agility are much bigger part of the play of Tony Romo sits to pee. Which is why I question how much longer he can continue to perform at his current level. Look at what happened to Donovan McNabb.

Not to mention that Eli has already proven he can win a Superbowl, trails only Petyon in consecutive starts by a QB, has a backup who hasn't started a game in three years, and the Giants aren't really in a great draft position to take one of the young QB's. I don't see how any of my points apply to him.

And, weirdly enough, Eli displayed one of the greater feats of athleticism and escapability in winning that Super Bowl. I still can't comprehend how he didn't get sacked on that play.

Archived