Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

Just so we can discuss what goes on at the combine without cluttering the draft database thread

To watch combine workouts live, click here, http://www.nfl.com/, live feed is on upper right side, this feed is like 10 seconds behind NFL Network channel feed....pretty good.

Another good site http://www.gbnreport.com/combineblog.html

2011 NFL Combine Schedule

Saturday , 26 Feb 2011 - Special Teams, Offensive Line and Tight Ends workout. Watch: Alex Henery K/P Nebraska, good leg strength, will be a stud in the NFL for sure.

Sunday, 27 Feb 2011 - Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, and Running backs

Monday , 28 Feb 2011 - Defensive Line and Linebackers . Special Watch - Robert Quinn, Cameron Jordan, Von Miller, JJ Watts, Phil Taylor

Tuesday 29 Feb 2011 - Defensive backs

Combine starts today...big boys are running now....LOL

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 09:08 AM ----------

So far Barskdale the the Offensive Tackle from LSU has a good stout look to his legs, thick trunk good base, also long arms....I think they said 35 inch arms......

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 09:11 AM ----------

Well, first "bubble" comment of the day....apparently Marcus Cannon OT from TCU who is 6-5 358lbs carries his weight pretty well, has a good big bubble (dumpster) and ran a 5.20, 40 yard dash.

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 09:24 AM ----------

Rodney Hudson LG Florida State......looks good at 6-3 299lbs, ran a 5.22 sec, 40 yard dash

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 09:29 AM ----------

Ryan Bartholomew OT Syracuse big guy at 6-5 320 plus lbs, runs a 4.89 40 yard dash...also had most reps in bench press 34 reps, intriguing kid

Tryon Smith isn't going to work out because of knee swelling.

Bummer....

Wow, Mayock comparing him to D'brickashaw Ferguson

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also from Wes Bunting. Great, another Devin Thomas type.

http://twitter.com/WesBunting#

Going over day two notes from #NFLCombine...have to admit I was kind of disappointed in #Georgia WR AJ Green today #NFLDRAFT

• Georgia wide out A.J. Green confessed that one of the main aspects of his game that he needs to improve is preparation. Not exactly the kind of answer you want to hear from a potential top ten pick. Pair that with his less than impressive physique at the weigh-in and it wasn’t a great start to the Combine for Green.

Woooooooooo.....Tyron Smith RT USC skipping entire waorkouts, had knee scope in December, knee started swelling today.......his team has decided to shut it down......might affect him going top 10 now....

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 09:51 AM ----------

James Carpenter OT Alabama stiff in OL drills.......Castonzo looking fluid in drills, just looks good......Carimi stumbles in drills, looks uncoordinated, maybe too excited

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 09:56 AM ----------

Rodney Hudson.....looked really fluid in drills.....Unkown Fact, Hodson had 2 penalties called on him in his entire college football career......better than Rabach .....(Boom)

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 09:58 AM ----------

Commercial break

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:04 AM ----------

Still running throug regular OL drills at this time, nothing major

Rodney Hudson.....looked really fluid in drills.....Unkown Fact, Hodson had 2 penalties called on him in his entire college football career......better than Rabach .....(Boom)

I must say I think he looked really good doing the drills, the footwork was pretty impressive.

Loved the way Hudson ran his drills. Very very good footwork and at a position that we need.

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:06 AM ----------

evansilva Evan Silva

Head coach on Newton's entertainer & icon comments: "I can't believe he'd actually say something like that...that's a guy I want no part of"

http://bit.ly/fl5AFW

click on link above to see full comment on Newton from this Head Coach

trying to find out which HC said this

Already have full detailed specs on the top 100 players in the draft, just go to the official draft thread.

The combine almost seems unnecessary. Just checking it out to see if any jones drews pop out. ( I think Noel Divine will get hyped up)

I wanted to see Blaine Gabbert throw to different receivers. Check out his 5 and 7 step drop but I guess he still has to drill some more before he looks polished enough to wow scouts.

I think they should make the combine mandatory, everyone looks good during their pro-day.

Still running olinemen drills right now....you can watch on NFL.com if you are really interested, carrying a live feed on their main page

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:21 AM ----------

Running kick slide drills right now, with olinemen kick sliding into a DE coming from 9 technique position ( DE lined up on outside shoulder of TE in line formation )

Hudson looked really good in the kick slide drill for a OG/C

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:31 AM ----------

Tomwghagger Tom Hagger

by NFLHustleBabe

For a guy that big that's insane. #TCU OL Marcus Cannon runs 5.20 on first forty at the #ScoutingCombine and really carries 358 lbs. well.”

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:38 AM ----------

nflcharlie Charlie Bernstein

#FSU guard/center Rodney Hudson has been ultra impressive throughout the draft process. Great feet and burst. Like him better than Pouncey.

Hudson has looked good, but Pouncey hasn't gone through the drills.....now my one concern with Pouncey is he was a Defensive linemen his first year at Florida.

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:46 AM ----------

TheRedzoneorg: Rams scout arrested in Indianapolis http://t.co/j9OsqGm #NFL #Rams

As long as he wasn't caught with a transvestite hooker, he should be ok

I am really liking what I'm seeing from Rodney Hudson. He looks to be a athletic and quick on his feet. May be a good fit for the zone blocking scheme we run.

IMO, he's the best OG/C we can draft. He MIGHT still be available when we pick #41.

I am really liking what I'm seeing from Rodney Hudson. He looks to be a athletic and quick on his feet. May be a good fit for the zone blocking scheme we run.

I wish we had more picks this year. :( I just don't see us being able to grab him. Guess it depends if we get a DE with the 10. If we don't I think we have to go DE in the 2nd.

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:55 AM ----------

IMO, he's the best OG/C we can draft. He MIGHT still be available when we pick #41.

I think there's no doubt he'll be there at 41.

I wish we had more picks this year. :( I just don't see us being able to grab him. Guess it depends if we get a DE with the 10. If we don't I think we have to go DE in the 2nd.

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 10:55 AM ----------

I think there's no doubt he'll be there at 41.

IDK, GF. I think his combine performance is going to possibly send him into the late 1st round.

Schottey Michael Schottey

FWIW...Tyrod looked like the best QB in Orlando at the East/West game (maybe make an argument for Tolzein).

---------- Post added February-26th-2011 at 11:02 AM ----------

wake me up when the tight end drills start. Offensive line drills are so freaking boring. Really, how important is the ol anyway?

/vinny cerrato

lmao

Archived