Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JMRA: Eagles’ Joe Banner: Steelers Aren’t More Successful Than Eagles

Big Blue Joe

I heard some other Eagles fans talking about this and am glad someone finally posted his comments. I read the title of the thread then read this comment:

At the same time, the ultimate goal is winning the Super Bowl and they've been more successful at that particular part than us, so I don’t look at them and say they’re really smart and they’re really good, and we’re not.”

And wonder why 20 people have commented on this thread claiming he said the Steelers weren't more successful than the Eagles.

I heard some other Eagles fans talking about this and am glad someone finally posted his comments. I read the title of the thread then read this comment:

And wonder why 20 people have commented on this thread claiming he said the Steelers weren't more successful than the Eagles.

He's downplaying the importance of the Super Bowl victories. It's not just "one part" of what defines a successful football team, it's the only part. Who gives a flying **** about how many playoff appearances you've had? If you haven't won a Super Bowl, you might as well have gone 0-16. By claiming that the Eagles have had similar success to the Steelers, he shows that he is further off his rocker than Al Davis and Jerruh Jones combined.

He's downplaying the importance of the Super Bowl victories. It's not just "one part" of what defines a successful football team, it's the only part. Who gives a flying **** about how many playoff appearances you've had? If you haven't won a Super Bowl, you might as well have gone 0-16. By claiming that the Eagles have had similar success to the Steelers, he shows that he is further off his rocker than Al Davis and Jerruh Jones combined.

He won't understand this. Just look at his avatar of the mighty KFC Chicken Bucket representing the only thing this "great" Eagles organization has to show for their "success" over the last decade, while the Steelers have 2 Lombardi's to add to their collection.

IAnd wonder why 20 people have commented on this thread claiming he said the Steelers weren't more successful than the Eagles.

Westy, but you omitted the first part of the quote Dockery cited. First, Banner claims that the Eagles had been to more conference championship games in the past 11 years than the Steelers, which is false (both have five appearances). Then, he tries to pump up the Eagles three straight playoff appearances......he said the Steelers have not made the playoffs the past three years, which is true, but the allusion is that somehow the Eagles were more successful than Pittsburgh during the time. Hmmmm, two Super Bowl appearances (including one victory) versus a conference championship appearance and two first-round exits.......damn, that's pretty close :laugh:

Not to hijack the thread, but they did have a better pitching rotation.

Yeah, I know, which made it even more disappointing. But the comparison is fair. We, unfortunately, were mostly a great regular season team. However, unlike the Iggles, we did manage to win one.:)

This Banner guy is a nut job.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 11:22 PM ----------

And if the Phillies had that rotation back in the 90s, I wouldn't have said that.

The Braves had arguably the best rotation of the 1990s. Smoltz, Glavine, and Maddux would all have been number 1s on any other team in baseball.

Avery was no slouch either.

Yeah, I know, which made it even more disappointing. But the comparison is fair. We, unfortunately, were mostly a great regular season team. However, unlike the Iggles, we did manage to win one.:)

This Banner guy is a nut job.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 11:22 PM ----------

Avery was no slouch either.

Yeah, I forgot about Avery. I'm an Orioles fan, so I didn't really follow the Braves that much. Mid 90s though, the Birds' rotation was nothing to scoff at...

Mike Mussina, Jamie Moyer, David Wells, Arthur Rhodes, Ben McDonald, Scott Erickson, Jesse Orosco, Armando Benitez (between 1995 and 1997)

I'm a Braves fan, but this is like saying the Braves were more successful in the 90s than the Yankees.:(

Joe Banner is a complete idiot.

At least the Braves won a World Series Title back in 95. The Eagles still have 0 Lombardi's to show for all of their "success".

He won't understand this. Just look at his avatar of the mighty KFC Chicken Bucket representing the only thing this "great" Eagles organization has to show for their "success" over the last decade, while the Steelers have 2 Lombardi's to add to their collection.

The bucket of Chicken should be empty. There is no way in hell a full bucket of chicken would still be laying around with Reid in the building.

Archived