Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Talent!) Pukes.com: Eatman: WR Coach Enthusiastic About His Group

tr1

no Dez is better because he had TWICE as many receiving touchdowns in 3 less games. he also has 2 punt return touchdowns. Dez is 22 years old. Armstrong is 27. Who has a brighter future?

Probably Armstrong...Dez can't stay healthy.

Of course you would. The fan of an overrated team would use an overrated stat for an argument. And no, I'm not calling touchdowns overrated (have to dumb it down). I'm calling it an overrated measure for a wideout, especially considering almost all of them were in garbage time blowouts. Touchdowns are incredibly circumstantial, and for the most part are just another catch.

By the way, AA would have had more TDs if McNabb didn't suck so bad this year. Missed him wide open at least 10 times screaming down the field. Can't wait till that loser is off the team. Philly hosed the Skins on that trade, but that's the Redskin's way. :thumbsup:

The Cory Sleshinger rule. FB for the Lions who would come in and score alot of TDs after Sanders ran the other 75 yards.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2011 at 10:46 AM ----------

Why is it so hard for people to admit that if the Cowboys had a better OL and if Romo sits to pee wasn't out all season, their WR corps would have DESTROYED ours? Statistically, of course. Who knows if it would have translated into wins, with that defense and with Romo sits to pee's propensity for choking.

I thought Kitna outperformed him. I didn't look up stats, but I think Dallass scored more PPG under Kitna then Romo sits to pee. He just turned the ball over more.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2011 at 10:49 AM ----------

And I'm not saying the Armstrong is a better WR then Dez. I don't think we've seen enough of either to make decision of who's better. If the Skins get a true #1 WR, re-sign Moss for the slot, you might see Armstrong's numbers get better. If Bryant has an injury free season, hits the books and dedicates himself, you could see his numbers get better.

this is why TR1, that you really arent taken seriously at all. Not just by the Visitors and Dallas fans, but even your own friends and Skins fanbase can't get on board with this. Silly as you are, i am quite sure you yourself dont buy it!

I with TR1. Dez had a very average rookie year. The fact that he's elite...I don't think your own friends and Cowboy's fanbase can get on board with this. Silly as you are, I am quite sure you yourself don't buy it!

I with TR1. Dez had a very average rookie year. The fact that he's elite...I don't think your own friends and Cowboy's fanbase can get on board with this. Silly as you are, I am quite sure you yourself don't buy it!

Elite???? or better future then Anthony Armstrong?

Elite is a far cry away from being "better then" or as put "a brighter future then Anthony Armstrong"

Lets not be silly okay?

Elite is a far cry away from being "better then" or as put "a brighter future then Anthony Armstrong"

Lets not be silly okay?

Now you're getting into semantics. Everyone has seen the drool spilling out your mouth for this kid. Nobody gives a damn about a wideout that makes plays in garbage time. It was hilarious BTW to listen to the ESPN pundits try to force feed the public the perception that this kid is/already is going to be great. ESPN wears their bias on their sleeve. If he was on the Bills, the headline would be "Bills still have question mark for first round pick!", but I digress.

A.A. has the drive to be great. It wouldn't be the first time a player came from obscurity. There's even a very recent example on the Dolphins. A guy I couldn't believe the Skins didn't sign.

Now you're getting into semantics. Everyone has seen the drool spilling out your mouth for this kid. Nobody gives a damn about a wideout that makes plays in garbage time. It was hilarious BTW to listen to the ESPN pundits try to force feed the public the perception that this kid is/already is going to be great. ESPN wears their bias on their sleeve. If he was on the Bills, the headline would be "Bills still have question mark for first round pick!", but I digress.

A.A. has the drive to be great. It wouldn't be the first time a player came from obscurity. There's even a very recent example on the Dolphins. A guy I couldn't believe the Skins didn't sign.

I understand the drive and those type of players, the Cowboys #1 WR is one of those.......and he too is better then Anthony Armstrong. Well unless you ask a very select few ES members, then there is no one better then AA.....not even Larry Fitz (Sarcasm)

and whatever.....with your insults. I am not "drooling" over Dez Bryant, but he is a very good player, a stand out athlete.........

LOL at Garbage time........Every down both Dez and AA had this season "pretty much" amounted to "Garbage time" Both teams were worthless from the get-go!

Lets not be silly okay?

Bryant and Armstrong are both rookies who had productive seasons. It's way premature to be definitively stating which one of them is going to end up the better player. In 2004, Michael Clayton had a better rookie season than Larry Fitzgerald. How much does that mean now?

I understand the drive and those type of players, the Cowboys #1 WR is one of those.......and he too is better then Anthony Armstrong. Well unless you ask a very select few ES members, then there is no one better then AA.....not even Larry Fitz (Sarcasm)

and whatever.....with your insults. I am not "drooling" over Dez Bryant, but he is a very good player, a stand out athlete.........

LOL at Garbage time........Every down both Dez and AA had this season "pretty much" amounted to "Garbage time" Both teams were worthless from the get-go!

Other than the Monday Night Nightmare, most of the Skins games were actually pretty close. As for the Cowboys, you could safely change the channel at halftime...

BTW, didn't Bryant get like half of his season totals in a beatdown against the Giants? Next.

lots to say about Dallas and their "hype" we all get that, but this post is simply delusional!!!!! and full of one-sided HATE.......Dez Bryant showed more on the field then Armstrong BY far.......not just in the way of stats that some like to cherry pick to their favor.......Anyone at all that compares the two players in reality, is just a homer and not really interested in the truth.
You undervalue Armstrong and overvalue Bryant. Armstrong started 11 games and got almost 900 yards (he solidified himself as our number two as the season went on). In his rookie year, he just seemed to get better and better with every game. Bryant started 2 games... because he's SO TALENTED!!!! Bryant averaged 12.5 yards a catch... because he's SO TALENTED!!!! Armstrong averaged 19.8, but he's apparently worthless. Anyone arguing otherwise is clearly a homer. If you want to bring special teams into the mix, why is a guy SO TALENTED at playing wide receiver being used on special teams in the first place? Not only is Armstrong the better player, but he will have a better career.

I'll never forget the time I told a puke fan that Marion Barber was overrated (during his height of popularity). He had a look of disbelief on his face, shocked that I could even muster such words. After all, Barber was having a PRO BOWL season and had done so much on so few carries. The logic went that if he wasn't sharing the load, he'd be the greatest of all time. Then Barber continued his career and proved me right (never rushing over 1,000 yards in a single season).

Felix Jones has to be the most hyped player since Marion Barber, and he's just not living up to it. He had a handful of big plays, and people crowned him king.

Now we have Dez Bryant, selected #24 in the first round. The moment he was drafted by the Cowboys, people acted like 23 teams had made the biggest mistake of all time by passing him up. I'll say it now, and I'll say it again in ten years: Dez Bryant was overrated from the moment he got that star on his head.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, as I'm not trawling through a thread on 'Girls receivers; but Dallas could do a lot worse than get Ogletree more involved in the passing game, Dudes a potential gem with arguably the best hands on the team outside of Witten.

Hail.

Ogletree > AA

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 05:54 AM ----------

You undervalue Armstrong and overvalue Bryant. Armstrong started 11 games and got almost 900 yards (he solidified himself as our number two as the season went on). In his rookie year, he just seemed to get better and better with every game. Bryant started 2 games... because he's SO TALENTED!!!! Bryant averaged 12.5 yards a catch... because he's SO TALENTED!!!! Armstrong averaged 19.8, but he's apparently worthless. Anyone arguing otherwise is clearly a homer. If you want to bring special teams into the mix, why is a guy SO TALENTED at playing wide receiver being used on special teams in the first place? Not only is Armstrong the better player, but he will have a better career.

I'll never forget the time I told a puke fan that Marion Barber was overrated (during his height of popularity). He had a look of disbelief on his face, shocked that I could even muster such words. After all, Barber was having a PRO BOWL season and had done so much on so few carries. The logic went that if he wasn't sharing the load, he'd be the greatest of all time. Then Barber continued his career and proved me right (never rushing over 1,000 yards in a single season).

Felix Jones has to be the most hyped player since Marion Barber, and he's just not living up to it. He had a handful of big plays, and people crowned him king.

Now we have Dez Bryant, selected #24 in the first round. The moment he was drafted by the Cowboys, people acted like 23 teams had made the biggest mistake of all time by passing him up. I'll say it now, and I'll say it again in ten years: Dez Bryant was overrated from the moment he got that star on his head.

I think you over-value AA and under-value Dez!

I don't need you to agree or care what anyone thinks about this....and you certainly have a right to feel the way you do. BUT just be sure if you are ever in a barer shop or you are around a bunch of "football" people dont go off at the mouth about AA being better then Dez, you will find yourself laughed out of the place.

I know most Dallas fans can over rate EVERY single player on the roster, just based on the start being on their helmet....trust me i know that to be true, your example of MB3 is right on........and in my opinion MB3 is a very good 'back up RB"...also be sure to know its not just Dallas fans. All fans can do that, and skins fans are not at all immune to that.

Some think Tarain is better then Felix Jones. HA! see what I mean. I imagine you are not one of those are you? Or do you also value Torain over Felix Jones?

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 06:00 AM ----------

Bryant and Armstrong are both rookies who had productive seasons. It's way premature to be definitively stating which one of them is going to end up the better player. In 2004, Michael Clayton had a better rookie season than Larry Fitzgerald. How much does that mean now?

thats a good point and one i will take to heart. I will not make another post claiming that Dez is better then AA. Honestly, it is too early to tell on either, and your point about Clayton > Fitz is one that the people on the AA side of this should take note of as well.'

I have to say this

When it comes to slowing the roll of the "debaters" and the people on the "Dallas player "X" is better then Skins player "X' and vice versa, you are always right on the money when you post. i have always respected that from you on this forum.

Dez Bryant is a case where the numbers don't tell the whole story. As a 21 year old rookie who hadn't played football in over a year, missed most of training camp, and played on a sprained ankle he made major contributions. As the season progressed was the player defensive coaches singled out as the person they needed to gameplan to stop. Think about that for a moment, on a team that includes Jason Witten and Miles Austin as receiving options it was Dez that struck fear. He's far from a polished route runner but he's large, fast, and outstanding body control making him a monster in jump ball scenarios which made him almost uncoverable on fade patterns (which were what separated his TD production from Armstrong's)

Armstrong had a good season, and is an outstanding deep threat (sort of a poor man's Desean Jackson) but Dez Bryant is a going to be on a whole other level, and very soon

Honestly, it is too early to tell on either, and your point about Clayton > Fitz is one that the people on the AA side of this should take note of as well.'
Definitely. But as with most things on ATN, it's tough to know whether it's someone's honest opinion or if they are just trying to get a rise out of Cowboys fans. I was just surprised, given how many players on your team seemingly came out of nowhere, that you would completely dismiss the notion that AA could end up being better.
When it comes to slowing the roll of the "debaters" and the people on the "Dallas player "X" is better then Skins player "X' and vice versa, you are always right on the money when you post. i have always respected that from you on this forum.
Thanks. I had the "pleasure" of seeing Bryant and Armstrong rack up over 300 yards and 5 TD's against Giants DB's this season, so I can't deny that there is some obvious talent there.

;)

Puke fans have short memories. Anyone remember the talk about Felix Jones when he was drafted? Well, most will agree that Felix looks more like Julius...in fact, he probably will never be a starter in this league.

Dez can't stay healthy. He couldn't in college, and he hasn't in the pros. He's another Roy Williams, but a bigger head case.

Just the facts.

...couldn't the same be said about your opinions and contributions? I like to think that Skins fans are above this type of post.

Hey, I'm not a loser, I root for the Redskins...And yes, I have a straight face...

Archived