Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Talent!) Pukes.com: Eatman: WR Coach Enthusiastic About His Group

tr1

Dez Bryant had twice as many touchdowns in 3 less games. I'll take the touchdowns.

Of course you would. The fan of an overrated team would use an overrated stat for an argument. And no, I'm not calling touchdowns overrated (have to dumb it down). I'm calling it an overrated measure for a wideout, especially considering almost all of them were in garbage time blowouts. Touchdowns are incredibly circumstantial, and for the most part are just another catch.

By the way, AA would have had more TDs if McNabb didn't suck so bad this year. Missed him wide open at least 10 times screaming down the field. Can't wait till that loser is off the team. Philly hosed the Skins on that trade, but that's the Redskin's way. :thumbsup:

Of course you would. The fan of an overrated team would use an overrated stat for an argument. And no, I'm not calling touchdowns overrated (have to dumb it down). I'm calling it an overrated measure for a wideout, especially considering almost all of them were in garbage time blowouts. Touchdowns are incredibly circumstantial, and for the most part are just another catch.

By the way, AA would have had more TDs if McNabb didn't suck so bad this year. Missed him wide open at least 10 times screaming down the field. Can't wait till that loser is off the team. Philly hosed the Skins on that trade, but that's the Redskin's way. :thumbsup:

First of all, making excuses for him being open and your QB not hitting him is weak, that happens to every receiver. Secondly, last time I checked, wins and losses are based on points, not yards gained. So we will have to agree to disagree on your assertion that touchdowns are an overrated stat.

First of all, making excuses for him being open and your QB not hitting him is weak, that happens to every receiver. Secondly, last time I checked, wins and losses are based on points, not yards gained. So we will have to agree to disagree on your assertion that touchdowns are an overrated stat.

This just in...Rob Gronkowski and Mario Manningham are better than Andre Johnson. Puke logic rules the day.

This just in...Rob Gronkowski and Mario Manningham are better than Andre Johnson. Puke logic rules the day.

I see what you did there. Yeah, you are right, Armstrong is to Dez Bryant as Andre Johnston is to Rob Gronkowski or Mario Manningham. Try and sell that crap on any other board and see how far you get.

okay...so Armstrong is better then Dez??......typical LOL

I'd take Dez over any of our WR's. And Miles Austin.

19 had a bad year, but id take his work ethic and ability over Dez to be honest...and I think Dez is a stand out. He could be one of the greats in this league, but who knows, looking down the line how far he will go, ya know? But #19 is the man, because he is always (seemingly) hungry to be the best.

If you are talking typical I would say it's more typical that Puke fans are hyping guys based on the media more than their actual production. Two rookies, two struggling teams. One comes in with huge fanfare, the other with none. One plays the me-me-me card and is still playing it. The other sports the lunch-pail. One the team designs a bunch of screens behind the line of scrimmage because he can't get open downfield. The other averages nearly 20 yards a catch, 7 full yards more than Captain Me Hype. The one with all the hype had a monstrous 4 receptions for 22 yards his last three games. The other had 200 yards over his last three games.

Dez Bryant is da man!!! He fits in perfectly with da Boys. Couple of flashy plays scattered in with mostly inconsistant play, glossed over with lots and lots of people telling us how great he is. Tons and tons and tons of talent and potential...as of yet, unrealized.

If you are talking typical I would say it's more typical that Puke fans are hyping guys based on the media more than their actual production. Two rookies, two struggling teams. One comes in with huge fanfare, the other with none. One plays the me-me-me card and is still playing it. The other sports the lunch-pail. One the team designs a bunch of screens behind the line of scrimmage because he can't get open downfield. The other averages nearly 20 yards a catch, 7 full yards more than Captain Me Hype. The one with all the hype had a monstrous 4 receptions for 22 yards his last three games. The other had 200 yards over his last three games.

Dez Bryant is da man!!! He fits in perfectly with da Boys. Couple of flashy plays scattered in with mostly inconsistant play, glossed over with lots and lots of people telling us how great he is. Tons and tons and tons of talent and potential...as of yet, unrealized.

lots to say about Dallas and their "hype" we all get that, but this post is simply delusional!!!!! and full of one-sided HATE.......Dez Bryant showed more on the field then Armstrong BY far.......not just in the way of stats that some like to cherry pick to their favor.......Anyone at all that compares the two players in reality, is just a homer and not really interested in the truth.

I honestly could care less about your thoughts on Dez, and any attempt at putting Anthony flippin Armstrong in his category.......of WR and/or player in the NFL. you know damn well (if your honest with yourself) that the two players aren't even on the same page. Hype or no hype...stats or no stats.........

There are plenty of things to be said about how bad Dallas is and how over hyped and underperformed their season was......but dont kid yourself Ouvan with Armstrong to Bryant comparisons.

I wont waste another second on it, because its not serious!

moving on from that........SMH

I see what you did there. Yeah, you are right, Armstrong is to Dez Bryant as Andre Johnston is to Rob Gronkowski or Mario Manningham. Try and sell that crap on any other board and see how far you get.

Typical. The old "my argument is only valid when I use it. It's no wonder tr1 owns puke face all day. GTFO.

---------- Post added February-24th-2011 at 08:56 PM ----------

He could be. Dez hasn't done ****. Hype is the majority of the makeup of his resume. Next.

I'm not worried about Rat at all...he'll continue to play well. As far as the signing of Robinson goes, that is great news. If he can't get anything out of RW11, then its time to let him go....
Continue to play well? Ratliff was a turnstile this year, and his play was a big part of the Cowboys' defensive struggles.
Andre Johnson missed three games this season due to injury, and Rob Gronkowski is a TE so it isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison. A better example would be comparing Hakeem Nicks to Andre Johnson since they both only played 13 games.

yea....he's mad.

Let me explain it to you:

Dez is better than Armstrong because he has more touchdowns. That's the crux of your argument.

Using YOUR criteria for what makes a good receiver, Dwayne Bowe, Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Steve Johnson, and Kenny Britt all have more touchdowns than Andre Johnson, therefore they must be better.

I guess that means that Dez is better than Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Lee Evans, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, and Sidney Rice, huh?

Fact of the matter is, Armstrong has more yards, higher yard per catch average, higher yard per game average, and has more explosive plays (20+ and 40+ receptions).

Dez just has more name recognition because he was drafted in the first round by the Cowboys. Other than that, it's all hype.

Dez is better than Armstrong because he has more touchdowns. That's the crux of your argument.

Using YOUR criteria for what makes a good receiver, Dwayne Bowe, Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Steve Johnson, and Kenny Britt all have more touchdowns than Andre Johnson, therefore they must be better.

I guess that means that Dez is better than Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Lee Evans, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, and Sidney Rice, huh?

Fact of the matter is, Armstrong has more yards, higher yard per catch average, higher yard per game average, and has more explosive plays (20+ and 40+ receptions).

Dez just has more name recognition because he was drafted in the first round by the Cowboys. Other than that, it's all hype.

that wasnt my argument...there is NO ARGUMENT.....TD's aside....throw all the GD stats out the door for all i care, you would be a nut to think that Armstrong is a better WR then Dez at this point......If this was in the reverse, then you know darn well, you would laugh this "so-called-argument" out of the forum.....

Hype aside, it doesn't take much, for even the average of fans to know that Anthony Armstrong is NOT on the same level of WR then Dez Bryant....period. Its silly!

He'll take his place beside other physically talented but bat**** crazy WRs with no rings.

why do people assume him to be Crazy.......or a head case...what did he do? Not carry some pads? Had a meeting with D. Sanders?

Come on man, Ya'll can hate everything Dallas,. its what sports is all about and this Rivalry is always going to bring pout the best in that, but don't try this "Anthony Armstrong is better then Dez Bryant" crap and think that anyone else is gonna buy it.....Not even the dies--est hard of die hard Skins fans will back you. I bet there aren't more then 2 on this hugely popular fan forum that will agree to this. Show of hands please.........Anthony Armstrong is as good as or better then Dez Bryant? Serious question????

---------- Post added February-25th-2011 at 01:29 PM ----------

You're right...Dez is a level below Armstrong.

HAHA!!!!

No but seriously, outside of seriously being funny for the crowd, can you look at yourself in a serious manner and say that?

Do you honestly believe that to be true (Die Hard Skins fan feelings aside?)

I love the Cowboys...and have loved em my whole life...and am a die hard homer to the end, but at least i am realistic.......

What's driving your engine that says Dez is better? Armstrong has been just as productive, is just as much of a threat. Your smell test says Dez is better, mine says Armstrong is. They've both had a year in, and so far, Dez only has more touchdowns.

Why is it so hard to say that Armstrong is at least on the same level?

What's driving your engine that says Dez is better? Armstrong has been just as productive, is just as much of a threat. Your smell test says Dez is better, mine says Armstrong is. They've both had a year in, and so far, Dez only has more touchdowns.

Why is it so hard to say that Armstrong is at least on the same level?

from the "eye-ball" test, to production on the field, to their college careers and Resumes......Its not really that difficult, its not even close really.......but because of some really good production from Armstrong you feel that he is better then Dez.....c'mon, you know in your own heart, its the Burgandy and gold uni that makes you say that and not Football reality! Right?

anyone else a Skins fan and want to make this claim?

anyone else a Skins fan and want to make this claim?

No. Dez is an excellent talent, who I HOPE as a Skins fan fails because of a bad work ethic, etc.

Armstrong did well this year. That's also probably right around his ceiling, talent-wise. Its not like he's a rookie like Dez. He had 4-5 years playing semi-pro football first.

no Dez is better because he had TWICE as many receiving touchdowns in 3 less games. he also has 2 punt return touchdowns. Dez is 22 years old. Armstrong is 27. Who has a brighter future?

Archived