Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Belichick 2010 AP Coach of the Year

pointyfootball

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e139ee/article/patriots-belichick-is-aps-nfl-coach-of-the-year-for-third-time?module=HP_headlines2col

Obviously did an incredible job, as his team finished with the best record in the NFL. Hard to argue with the pick, although if playoffs were looked at, I think it would be a no brainer for McCarthy (who received NO votes) over BB if the vote were taken after the playoffs.

Raheem Morris finished second, but there was no way he was going to win it without making the playoffs IMO.

I don't know about a no brainer but how did he get zero votes? Especially with all the players on IR

I think because they were picked to be contenders for the SB at the beginning of the year, and then when they were struggling to just make the playoffs that probably penalized him. Even though, as you said, they had lost some players important to their team. Seems like COY is about coaches that exceed expectations.

Yeah, the Patriots really exceeded expectations. They've been a playoff team for a decade now, big surprise. I think the biggest surprise is how they had home field advantage and then lost at home to a team they had just beaten in the same stadium a month earlier 45-3.

Archived