Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What other young players do you want to see promoted to first string?

Vrikk

Sellers had a resurgence this season. And he's earned skins fans respect for his whole body of work here. Sadly I think this means instead of cutting him, we should trade for whatever we can, starting bid = a ham sandwich.

Love CP, but would love for the Torrain train to pick up speed next season.

Sellers is almost as bad as ladell betts was at short yardage runs!

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 08:22 PM ----------

He did however return to form with his run blocking this year.

IDC, lets move on w/ this BUM. John Kuhn or Brian Leonard

Id like 2 see R. Jackson

Sellers had a resurgence this season. And he's earned skins fans respect for his whole body of work here. Sadly I think this means instead of cutting him, we should trade for whatever we can, starting bid = a ham sandwich.

Agreed. Speaking of the backfield. I would like to see what Darrel Young can do as the starting FB.

Ooh, good call. I would want to keep Sellers around, though. He could make a good goal line lead blocker or goal line back.

Sellers, by all means, SHOULD be an amazing goal-line or short yardage back. Unfortunately, he's awful at it. For whatever reason, he runs with the mentality of a scat back when he gets the ball in those situations. I understand a lot of times when he catches the ball in space and hurdles - everyone is always trying to hit him low. But he needs to lower his head and run people over on short-yardage carries, instead, he tries to jump over the pile and it never works for him.

That being said, Sellers did have a great year run-blocking but Young should be given a fair shot in training camp. The funny thing is, Sellers also is a huge contributer on special teams and is a decent pass-catcher. Really, the only thing I can think of that Young may be better at based on this past year is running the ball and that's only based on a couple carries he had and I honestly cannot remember Sellers carrying the ball at all this year.

Will Monty to supplant Rabach, Perry Riley to replace Rocky inside and I think guys are forgetting about how well Keiland Williams played last year. I don't think he is a starter but he was awesome in the screen game and running inside down on the goal line. Plus he was only in his rookie season. I look for him to make a push for the 2nd RB job.

i loved in the bucs game how torain was just running all over them. and it was nice to see him stay in the game unlike portis who woulda been on the sideline sucking oxygen after a play or two

Archived