Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Eagles Fire Sean McDermott

terpskins10

Seems the Eagles have lost their minds. He wasn't a bad coach, they just had very little talent on defense.

My favorite part of their loss to Green Bay was when the commentators were talking up all these 7th rounders who are such gems that the Eagles plugged them in as starters, and in the same game those guys were ******* things up left and right.

It seems people will perceive anyone on the Eagles or Cowboys as "best player ever" where lots of people think Moss or Orakpo suck just because they're on the Skins.

Anyway, I think this is a dumb move and I hope it comes back to haunt them. We'll see I guess.

Seems the Eagles have lost their minds. He wasn't a bad coach, they just had very little talent on defense.

My favorite part of their loss to Green Bay was when the commentators were talking up all these 7th rounders who are such gems that the Eagles plugged them in as starters, and in the same game those guys were ******* things up left and right.

I actually thought their D, all things considered, did a decent job against the pack, especially when you look at the Falcons game.

I think the Eagles are nuts to not have already promoted Jauron. They must have really hoped to reunite Mora and Vick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

NFL Network analyst Jim Mora II has withdrawn from the Eagles and Broncos' defensive coordinator searches.

Mora told FOX Sports' Jay Glazer that he plans to take one more year off before getting back into coaching. Mora was wanted in both locales. The Eagles' best fall-back option would seem to be secondary coach Dick Jauron, although he's also weighing interest from the Browns. Mike Trgovac seems to be the odds-on favorite to coordinate John Fox's defense in Denver.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Word is that the Eagles are keying in and waiting on Mike Trgovac, defensive line coach of the Packers and former Panthers D-Coordinator. They need to wait until the Packers are done before they can do anything. Makes sense as to why they really don't seem that aggressive in finding a new coordinator currently.

Word is that the Eagles are keying in and waiting on Mike Trgovac, defensive line coach of the Packers and former Panthers D-Coordinator. They need to wait until the Packers are done before they can do anything. Makes sense as to why they really don't seem that aggressive in finding a new coordinator currently.
Fox wants him to be his DC in Denver.

There is a new Eagle DC contender:

The Eagles have received permission to interview Saints DBs coach Dennis Allen for their defensive coordinator vacancy.

An up-and-comer who oversaw career seasons from safeties Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins in New Orleans, Allen spent one year in the NFL (1996, Bills) before beginning his coaching career. It'd still be an out-of-the-blue and potentially awkward hire for the Eagles. Allen is in his mid-30s, and they just hired 61-year-old Jim Washburn to coach the defensive line.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

---------- Post added January-19th-2011 at 09:43 PM ----------

You can rest assured that we won't be cutting Al now. But the iggles need to worry about locking up Vick first.
FWIW:

Multiple league sources tell Profootballtalk.com that the Eagles cannot sign Michael Vick to an extension under the rules of the current labor agreement.

PFT has few other details, but this explains the lack of negotiations between Vick's agent and the Eagles. Though the sides can't put ink on a deal, the Eagles will be able to place the franchise tag on Vick prior to March 4. Vick's current contract officially expires after the Super Bowl in February.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Multiple league sources tell Profootballtalk.com that the Eagles cannot sign Michael Vick to an extension under the rules of the current labor agreement.

PFT has few other details, but this explains the lack of negotiations between Vick's agent and the Eagles. Though the sides can't put ink on a deal, the Eagles will be able to place the franchise tag on Vick prior to March 4. Vick's current contract officially expires after the Super Bowl in February.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

I'm probably one of the minority amongst Eagle fans that thinks the Eagles should trade Vick, assuming they could get good compensation for him, and try and select one of the top 2-3 QBs. Gabbert is probably out of reach, but maybe Mallet? Have Kolb start next year while the new guy develops and have him ready to go in 2012.

I'm probably one of the minority amongst Eagle fans that thinks the Eagles should trade Vick, assuming they could get good compensation for him, and try and select one of the top 2-3 QBs.

How? Sign and trade?

They can't sign him to an extension. There is some legality to using the franchise tag. Are you suggesting franchise tag then trade? (then take less than the 2 first rounders I'd assume)

Are you suggesting franchise tag then trade? (then take less than the 2 first rounders I'd assume)

I would think this. All this discussion is moot due to CBA, but I think in their best interest they trade him, whatever way they can, for a high draft pick(s), if there is interest.

But...would Lurie/Banner/Roseman/AR (in that order) really do that? MV has shown he draws huge TV crowds, which will mean much more $$ then a rookie QB sitting on the bench.

With the Bills naming Dave Wannstedt as their new linebackers coach on Friday morning, "Dick Jauron is now believed the frontrunner for the Browns' vacant defensive coordinator position."

Jauron, the former head coach of both the Bills and Bears, is believed to be competing with former Cardinals DC Billy Davis for the job in Cleveland, but is vastly more experienced and worked for Browns president Mike Holmgren in Green Bay. Although he is also a candidate for the Eagles' DC vacancy, don't be surprised is he is hired by the Browns as early as today.

Source: Fox Sports

---------- Post added January-21st-2011 at 10:17 AM ----------

I'm probably one of the minority amongst Eagle fans that thinks the Eagles should trade Vick, assuming they could get good compensation for him, and try and select one of the top 2-3 QBs. Gabbert is probably out of reach, but maybe Mallet? Have Kolb start next year while the new guy develops and have him ready to go in 2012.
Is this because you don't believe in Vick? Guess he has never been worth more than he is currently.

Dick Jauron to the CLE as the new DC.
Thought for sure the Eagles were going to sign him. He'd have been a good choice.

They have an interview scheduled with Billy Davis today but it doesn't sound like they're sold on him.

Leads me to think that like Denver, they're waiting for Trogovac.

Is this because you don't believe in Vick? Guess he has never been worth more than he is currently.

I don't believe he will:

a) be capable of a deep-run into the playoffs,

B) stay healthy enough,

c) be the long term solution for the team.

He's now worth more than he'll ever be, trade-wise, so presuming they could obtain a long term solution, why not give it a go?

Allen is out of the mix, heading to Denver to join John Fox.

You never know, Washburn may actually end up being the DC if they can't land Trgovac. Doesn't sound like he wants to leave GB. They didn't request to interview anyone from the Jets or Bears. Not yet anyway. (Babich and Pettine are avail)

Archived