Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Wild Card Weekend

ACW

:whoknows: No more than 2.

yea the saints are most likely going to roll over the seahawks (although if the seahawks win, i will be shocked)

the jets vs colts game could go either way, just depends on which team shows up, but i wouldnt be surprised to see that game go to overtime

the eagles vs packers game i could see going in to overtime

ravens vs chiefs, ravens will probably roll over the chiefs.

I'm on the record as saying that I will not be shocked at all if the Seahawks found a way to win this game, although I'm still not picking them to win it. The Saints are sporting a few injuries, and Brees has turned the ball over all year. The Seahawks still have the advantage of playing in that cluster**** of a stadium, and Leon Washington is capable of hurting the Saints on Special Teams

As far as my picks are concerned, I have:

IND

NO

BAL

GB

The OT rule has an interesting twist...if there's a failed opportunity to possess, and the other team kicks a FG, then they win. That might lead teams with good D to try a surprise onside to open it off...if they feel they can hold the other team to a FG, they still get the ball. If the recover the onside kick, then a FG wins it for them.

Whole new level of strategy added now.

More injury updates for the Saints:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d87248/article/saints-safety-jenkins-ruled-out-vs-seahawks-with-knee-injury?module=HP_headlines

The New Orleans Saints will play Saturday's NFC wild-card playoff game in Seattle without second-year starting safety Malcolm Jenkins, who was ruled out because of a right knee injury.

Jenkins suffered the injury on the opening drive of the Saints' Week 17 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was injured while bringing down Bucs running back LaGarrette Blount on the sideline at the end of a 16-yard run. Jenkins immediately grabbed his knee after the play, then was replaced by Darren Sharper.

Jenkins had 64 total tackles and two interceptions during the regular season.

The banged-up Saints also ruled out tight end Jimmy Graham (ankle), linebacker Danny Clark (hamstring) and defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove (knee) for the game against the Seahawks

At least these seem to be just for this game...so far. lol

I do have the feeling that there will be at least 1 upset, most likely KC over BAL. IND/NY won't be cakewalk either, but I'll take Manning over Sanchez any day of the week.
Probably. I think the most likely "upset" will be GB, if that's even an upset.

My NFL.com fantasy players.

Go Young Breezy and Saints D/ST!

Go Tamme and Adam Vinatieri!

Go Bowe/Rice!

Go Jennings/Shady McCoy!

Probably. I think the most likely "upset" will be GB, if that's even an upset.

My NFL.com fantasy players.

Go Young Breezy and Saints D/ST!

Go Tamme and Adam Vinatieri!

Go Bowe/Rice!

Go Jennings/Shady McCoy!

Rodgers, Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Jacob Tamme, David Akers, Taking the Steelers on a Bye for 2x points next week!

Why I'm going with Saints.

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 01:56 PM ----------

And Reed's playing.

Saints D didn't really do anything significant in their first game against the Seahawks. And I think I'm going to change it back then. Didn't know that, thanks.

Leon Washington, you're no Drew Brees :ols:

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 04:26 PM ----------

Rock :point2sky:

---------- Post added January-8th-2011 at 04:36 PM ----------

Um, Mare, Ivory and Thomas or not, don't give Drew any extra yards :ols:

Archived