Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Jeremy Jarmon be a long-term solution at DE?

rookieskin

I thought he played well in the last two games. I don't know that two games is enough for anyone to prove starter status, but I definitely think he should be around next year, if for nothing else, back up duties. The player I'm really excited about however is #76. If he had been as solid as he was the last part of the season, who knows, it could have been the positive difference in some games.

Admittedly, I had to jump over to redskins.com, to look up #76. please don't take my fan card :( it's just that.. i've.. i've been under alot of stress :twitch:

Anyways, sorry to get off track here, but I read something that disturbed me about ol #76 (and yes, there is a type-o that I'm not going to edit :D) <- someone give redskins.com the memo

* Originally selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the sixth round (178th overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft.

* Waived by Tampa Bay on September 2, 2006, but signed to the Buccaneers practice squad on September 4, 2006.

* Released from the Buccaneers practice squad on November 30, 2006.

* Signed with the Detroit Lions as a free agent on November 30, 2006.

* Waived by the Lions on March 22, 2007.

* Claimed off waivers and awarded to the Atlanta Falcons on March 23, 2007.

* Waived by the Falcons on May 14, 2007.

* Signed with the Baltimore Ravens as a free agent on July 28, 2007.

* Waived by Baltimore on September 1, 2007, but signed to the Ravens practice squad on September 3, 2007.

* Released from the Ravens practice squad on October 18, 2007.

* Signed with the Miami Dolphins as a free agent on October 18, 2007.

* Waived by the Dolphins on February 12, 2008.

* Signed with the New York Giants as a free agent on January 20, 2009.

* Waived by New York on September 5, 2007, but signed to the Giants practice squad on September 7, 2009.

* Released by the Giants on April 9, 2010.

* Signed with the Washington Redskins as a free agent on April 12, 2010.

:wtf: ??

perhaps this is the average story of a sixth round draft pick?

ehh.. nothing to see here, move along.. :pfft:

i think jarmon, carriker, scott, and gholston would give us a good rotation of 5 techs but thats all i would keep. and as for nt i would keep bryant thought he did well but def need improvement he is a rotation guy but no much more.

i am really more excited about scott honestly i think he has potential, and rob jackson the olb did a much better job that lorenzo imo

I like this thread and have the same hopes for Jarmon. I think all the position-switching has stunted his development a little, which is a shame. He doesn't fit as an OLB... he needs to stay thick and focus on RDE, where I believe he could easily beat out Golston to start opposite Carriker. He's sound against the run and can occasionally generate a little pressure.

Jarmon is no athletic marvel, but his floor as a full-time five-technique should be at least average.

I like this thread and have the same hopes for Jarmon. I think all the position-switching has stunted his development a little, which is a shame. He doesn't fit as an OLB... he needs to stay thick and focus on RDE, where I believe he could easily beat out Golston to start opposite Carriker. He's sound against the run and can occasionally generate a little pressure.

Jarmon is no athletic marvel, but his floor as a full-time five-technique should be at least average.

My biggest concern for him at RDE is being stout at the PO; Haslett sometimes 2-gaps the RDE and its not an easy skill to master.

My hunch tells me that Jarmon could at least be a situational pass rusher from the RDE.

I pressume that if he could play more stout then Golston he would have been out there.....but then again it could be a coaching error like Kemo over Bryant?

Remember he tore his ACL in one of the last games of the 2009 season.

He wasn't totally healthy last year since it takes a full year to recover from that injury.

Probably why he didn't play much until late in the season. Didn't want to stress that knee with too much playing time too soon..

Cut Jarmon and watch how fast a team like Detroit snatches him up and puts him in their defensive end rotation.

I'm fairly sure Detroit had a strong interest in him in the supp' draft, and their reported interest in putting forward a 4th rounder for him led us to jump over them with a 3rd.

I pressume that if he could play more stout then Golston he would have been out there.....but then again it could be a coaching error like Kemo over Bryant?

He had slimmed down to play OLB - he wasn't in the running to play 3-4 DE last season. He went up to 295 just by stopping watching his weight, the reason he gave for moving to DE was he couldn't keep his weight down which is good as far as being a DE.

I think your hunch is right and he should be a good pass rushing DE off the bat. He looked decent against the run as a 4-3 DE so it's not out of the realms he can be a good 3-4 DE. Sounds like he won't have a problem putting a few pounds on and it's always easier to teach a guy to play run D than pass rush skills. We'll still need another starter caliber DE as well as a NT good enough to at least rotate with Bryant from game 1.

Oh and a CB that can catch to replace 'Los for all the extra ensuing Int opportunities. I can dream lol

It's always a priority for me that my defensive end be well-spoken.
I always questioned the wisdom of your training camp two-a-day elocution lessons.

That and blocking with War and Peace on his head was impressive to say the least.

And yeah I am a Jarmon fan, I think if healthy he will show his worth in the 3-4 at end.

I didn't follow when Jarmon played or didn't play last year so it is hard to determine whether or not he will fit into the Redskins future plans. Besides it is hard to prove his impact on the season when during the whole season all you saw was 10 yard gain here and 20 yard gain there. Pressure on the QB is nice but it never equated to sacks. Carricker played well but he can't do it alone and we need that NT that will reek havoc for opposing centers to make them better. If we draft well then there may be hope for this team but with the lock out still in effect this year may be a wash.

I have always liked Jarmon. He made plays in his limited chances his rookie year.

But I fear a square peg round hole situation moving to the the 3-4. I hope I am wrong of course. I am not a fan of changing players, moving them from their position of strength and familiarity, out of their comfort zone. Like watching Carter or even Lorenzo at OLB. Landry our head hunter at FS. Al, you are gonna be a nose tackle. They all struggled in those roles.

Archived