Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Shanahan Says Success Will Take Time

Sweet Sassy Molassy

And, when McNabb had gone off to Minny, and lit it up with the guys around him, we'd have said, "Why didn't we grab McNabb?"

Hindsight is 20/20...especially on ES. :rotflmao:

We would have said that, but the front office would have been smiling that we had a new LT and another starter, and an extra pick next season.

As opposed to a broken down QB who throws it at WRs feet.

FANS for the most part think year to year. The majority is often the least informed. Football is no exception. The FRONT OFFICE can't afford to think this way.

I respect you, but, this is funny to me. We have differing viewpoints. Cool. But I am being quite serious.

No offense meant....

HTTR!

:cheers:

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 02:49 PM ----------

We would have said that, but the front office would have been smiling that we had a new LT and another starter, and an extra pick next season.

As opposed to a broken down QB who throws it at WRs feet.

FANS for the most part think year to year. The majority is often the least informed. Football is no exception. The FRONT OFFICE can't afford to think this way.

The FO had a lot of film, but didn't really know what it had...except that it had a QB(JC) who everyone in the organization was looking at as a liability...a guy the owner had tried to get rid of during the season last year.

As a new employee, I'd have evaluated JC and agreed with the owner that he had to go.

So, the first move, let me repeat, the FIRST MOVE would have been to bring in Grossman.

Just IMAGINE how that would have gone over. Shanny and Allen's personnel evaluations would have been put on the spot right away. McNabb bought them some time and some hope for an upcoming dismal season.

I've never been high on McNabb, but I thought, and still think, he's a decent interim qb. And, when the o-line gets better, he'll still give us an opportunity to win games we shouldn't be in.

And, I'm not gonna judge the FO on one draft. I'll give them until after the draft of 2012 to decide.

You're reading what you want to hear between the lines. We're 5-8 and about to face three teams who will be favored to beat us. He states the obvious: we aren't going to win this year, success will take time. Stop the presses!

You are right again Oldfan!!!

IMO we will start rebuilding after another debacle of a season but the technique this season was not much more than what we have seen in the past.

Again, I do trust the new regime to get us on the right track but we definitely tried to bring in players with he intention of making a lot happen this season.... It just blew up in our faces.

For every practice squad player who "got a chance" due to our failure (Williams, Armstrong, Davis, etc.), there is a player (Galloway, Johnson, Buchanon etc.) brought in that suggests that we were not on any rebuilding plan.

BUT you live and you learn...I am excited to see the direction that we are going to take now though.

Here's a question to gauge our patience level as a fan base.

What if we are 8-8 next year?

8-8 with players like Torain, Austin, Armstrong, Davis, Montgomery, Williams, Young, and some draft picks on offense and I'm very excited. 8-8 with CP, Moss, Sellers, Rabach, etc. and I'm wondering how good we'll be the following year with our young guys.

8-8 with players like Torain, Austin, Armstrong, Davis, Montgomery, Williams, Young, and some draft picks on offense and I'm very excited. 8-8 with CP, Moss, Sellers, Rabach, etc. and I'm wondering how good we'll be the following year with our young guys.

More than that, 8-8 with McNabb or 8-8 without. That's the difference.

Whelp, I guess this ends any debate as to if we are rebuilding.

EXACTLY!!!! People this is Mike Shanahan telling US the fans that we are rebuilding...Everyone whining about he didn't say we were rebuilding, here you go, he just admitted it! Now lets just give him some time to work his plan...

I understand that is will take time to rebuild. but Mike is a real disapointment. I mean he handle the Hayneworth situation terribly, and now it seems he is aleinating McNabb. We cut Devon Thomas, that looked promising last year. Fred Davis took a step back. And the age of Clinton Portis is over. Frankly Mike sucks. He didn't win without Elway. His descision to run a 3-4 insterad of a 4-3 speaks volumes to me. Don Shula once said a great coach designs his pla around his talent, not the talen t around his plan. Bill Belicheck does this, and is very successful. I am afrain that we, as a franchise, will go through three more years of this if Dan tries to show he can be patient, and Mike continues down this path. This season has become a complete disaster.

Archived