Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey's season predictions...

freakofthesouth

Have we overcome the Ghost of NORV ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have we overcome the Ghost of NORV ?

• The Norv factor haunts us again ; the Skins fumble in the bright lights of PrimeTime, and lose a game they should win.
    • The Curse is Broken !! Ding-Dong the Witch is dead. The Skins break the trend and WIN
    • Neither. Either we win unconvincingly, or the Jets win unconvincingly

I think a 90 rating may be a bit too high. But if he is the starter the whole year, 3,000 yards should be very easy. I would even say 3,500. 18-21 TD's. I think he will have 15-20 INT's only because of his experience factor. I feel Ramsey will play well. Well enough for a Skins playoff birth? Well, like I've said, not this year but probably next.

One of my friends, a diehard Cowboys fan, claimed that Quincy Carter was the best free agent fantasy quarterback available in our yahoo league. I disputed the claim and he replied with the assertion that Carter will have better numbers than Ramsey this year, due to his "good WR group". Since this is a thread about Ramsey's numbers, does anyone have any thoughts on what kinda stats Q will throw up this year in comparison to Patrick's?

Originally posted by halcyon

One of my friends, a diehard Cowboys fan, claimed that Quincy Carter was the best free agent fantasy quarterback available in our yahoo league. I disputed the claim and he replied with the assertion that Carter will have better numbers than Ramsey this year, due to his "good WR group". Since this is a thread about Ramsey's numbers, does anyone have any thoughts on what kinda stats Q will throw up this year in comparison to Patrick's?

is there even any garauntee that Q will be the starter all season (I suppose the same can be said for Ramsey...)

If you prorate last year's passing on a straight line distribution it would yield around 5,100 yards on 16 games. Pretty impressive! Also, some of his interceptions were thrown coming in on a last ditch effort for Matthews with the strong gun.

*One of my friends, a diehard Cowboys fan, claimed that Quincy Carter was the best free agent fantasy quarterback available in our yahoo league. I disputed the claim and he replied with the assertion that Carter will have better numbers than Ramsey this year, due to his "good WR group".*

I'd certainly see if he's willing to put some money behind that theory.

Consider questioning his manhood if necessary.

I think he will struggle a bit early but really come on late in the season (a reverse Bledsoe from last year).

Assuming he stays healthy, I think he will probably garner 3800 yards and throw about 25 TDs, BUT I think he will also throw about 20 picks.

High risk. High reward.

My guess is Ramsey will have about 3,750 yards passing assuming a 16 game season with no injuries, with 25 TDs, 21 INTs and a 56 percent completion percentage. An overall rating of around 80 will probably be great. And it will be so up and down you'll not really get the team to have a GREAT year because of it.

Ramsey will never be a 65% completion passer because he doesn't work in a WCO where his targets are 5-10 yards away :)

Good passers in schemes with intermediate and deep routes as the staple are usually 57-60% guys.

I think the more important stats for Ramsey will be yards per pass completion and td/int ratio.

Those will show how much of the risk/reward of a more aggressive scheme the Skins are benefitting from :)

You know, I hear that a lot bulldog, and the logic seems sound, but Spurrier's boy Waffle had a completion % of over 63% last year. Now, one might say that he couldnt make the long throws so he chose to throw short. Whateva. It's still the offense, and Warner pulled a very high competion % with the Rams offense. Also offsetting the deep game is Spurrier's tendency to heavily use WR screens which are virtual gimmes. Now, I dont expect him to break 60% this year... he still needs to learn how to take some velocity off of his short passes.... but a QB can definitely break 60, and yes maybe even 65, in this offense, IMHO.

with Wueffel on the field the Skins were an emasculated WCO in disguise.

what I have never understood is how the short dump offs to the backs and the medium shots to the tight end that Wuerffel was able to throw with regularity really ever added up to Spurrier's offense being showcased in the NFL.

Coles downfield speed is wasted with a limited arm like Wuerffel's at qb.

I agree that Warner has been an exception, just as Aikman was early in his career.

Those guys are just freaks :)

Aikman is a sure HOFer and Warner has the best 3 years stats for a qb in NFL history.

Not sure if Ramsey is quite up to filling those shoes.

I will settle for a guy that puts up Rypien like numbers from 1991 consistently :)

3,500 yards 28 tds and 10 ints :D

Although I don't see quite those gaudy numbers for 2003. That's for down the road.

3,000 yards to me is a realistic goal. a favorable ratio of tds/ints to go with that would be a nice way for Ramsey to hit the ground running this season.

Anything less than 3200 yds. (presuming a 16-game season) would be disappointing. That's much less than the trio at QB put up last season, and only 200 yds. a game. I would think 3500 should be the baseline goal for a QB in this offense.

TDs and picks will probably be slightly over a 1/1 ratio. Comp. % in the 55-60 range. YPA in the 6.7-7.2 range.

I picked my yardage, TD and INT stats for a reason: they're identical to our team passing stats last year, which Ramsey's stats would have projected to (roughly) if you project his stats as a starter over 16 games. That to me is a conservative estimate; but I sure can't imagine him doing worse with a healthy team around him.

Archived