Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington player penalized for pointing to heavens after TD

joeknows

So this is a rule based on delay of game more than anything KDawg ?

Sad that the kids aren't allowed to (or hell the Pro's) allowed to have a little celebration after a score.

However I would disagree about the game not being fun anymore.

I didn't mean the "not fun anymore" comment literally. But they are trying to drive the extra fun out.

It's supposed to be a delay of game penalty... Which is how they get away with nailing you for anything they deem fit. It's just an easy way to get the players. Instead of defining what a proper celebration is, all they have to do is say that if the kid doesn't hand the ball to the ref right away, it's a delay.

I didn't mean the "not fun anymore" comment literally. But they are trying to drive the extra fun out.

It's supposed to be a delay of game penalty... Which is how they get away with nailing you for anything they deem fit. It's just an easy way to get the players. Instead of defining what a proper celebration is, all they have to do is say that if the kid doesn't hand the ball to the ref right away, it's a delay.

The new touchdown celebration should be run to the most out of shape official and place the ball at their toes, making them bend down and pick it up. That would likely cause a delay of game with most officiating crews.

Okay. I understand. Thanks.

So players get penalized for spikes and high-fives if they hold onto the ball ?

That seems a little too over the top as far as officiating a game goes.

Well, I used the ball comment. But really, anything that "delays" them setting the ball for the next play is a delay. So if you're dancing and the football is anywhere near you, they can call delay because they felt like they couldn't set the ball. It's really goofy sometimes :ols:

So, if all the players decided to do a chorus kick line on the sidelines with arms linked that would be cool because it's not delaying the game and off the field of play, but spiking the ball is a penalty?

They'd probably call that a delay of game as well knowing the officials around here.

Basically, to put it real blunt... Anything that the refs deem as disruptive to the flow of the game they can flag you for.

I've been flagged for delay of game penalties for saying, "Excuse me, sir, you called an offensive holding penalty on our running back who had the football.... Can I get an explanation sir?"

Flag.

No joke. Those are the exact words I used.

Archived