Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Comparisons Statistics: HOF worthy or not?

GhostofSparta

Not surprised by number 1, but I just realized who my #2 was. All I can say is, WOW!

I'm shocked you had I up so high, sean. And yes, I figured out who I is about 30 seconds after I posted my rankings. Not surprised where I had him.

Do not tailor to GHH's wants. He claims he can't put the rankings now due to having a life! The same thing he faults me for! Prescribe pain by revealing the results prior to him being able to post a list! The only way to medicate is through pain! Post! Post quickly!

:ols:

Kidding.

Sort of.

Maybe?

Are these QB Ratings accurate?

Player B in particular, based off of the stats he has listed, should have a QB rating of 86.78, but is listed with a 79 rating, where did that number come from?

likely no. If a player sat a year and had a 0 RTG, the OP likely avereged it in, meaning that 0 was 1/11th of their career. The correct way would've been to compile the stats through 11 years and then use this formula, so a 0 pass attempt season, wouldn't effect totals

likely no. If a player sat a year and had a 0 RTG, the OP likely avereged it in, meaning that 0 was 1/11th of their career. The correct way would've been to compile the stats through 11 years and then use this formula, so a 0 pass attempt season, wouldn't effect totals

That's kinda what I thought happened.

Ok, for a quick update: dallasfan pointed out an error on my part. QB H has 3 MVPs, not 1. Not sure why I put 1, I had 3 in my final total before posting it here. Sorry about that guys, not that it should really change anybody's opinion of him it looks like.

Ghost man, please don't post any results for a day. I want to sit down and do this later when I have time.

Thank you for putting in the effort. Seeing as that dastardly KD has other shocking priorities like real life .....

Hail.

I had planned on a reveal either late Saturday or Sunday morning, to give people a chance to play if they get bored on the weekend, so you're good for another day or so.

Are these QB Ratings accurate?

Player B in particular, based off of the stats he has listed, should have a QB rating of 86.78, but is listed with a 79 rating, where did that number come from?

I'll admit to being lazy on the QB ratings and just averaging all the yearly QB ratings and coming up with a rough number. If they didn't play a year, I left out that rating and averaged by 10, but if the played a partial year and played poorly, it was averaged in. So even though I'll admit that number isn't fully accurate, a 0 QB rating gets thrown out, while a 59 QB rating despite only playing a handful of games would get averaged in. So it's not a fully fair and accurate way to do it, I'll admit. You can throw out those numbers if they're innacurate and don't suit you. After all the previous math I got lazy with the QB ratings. Sorry if that threw anybody off too much.

Edit: OK, after using this website (http://www.primecomputing.com/), the true QB ratings would look like this:

A: 84.4

B: 86.8

C: 90.1

D: 76.0

E: 80.1

F: 94.3

G: 88.1

H: 94.7

I: 86.5

J: 94.0

K: 83.5

I'll admit to being lazy on the QB ratings and just averaging all the yearly QB ratings and coming up with a rough number.

I would hardly call it lazy, it would take as much time to complie the info the way u did it, just to come up with accurate QB ratings. The formula is hardly simple

G - Ridiculously low completion percentage. Otherwise he looks decent.

No need to change what I have. I still feel the same. I didn't use QB rating as a deciding factor :)

Just wasn't sure if my temporary dyslexia with G's comp % would change your view of him at all. 52.9% looks a hell of a lots worse than 59.2%, even if that jump does only move him from 11th to 8th in that category.

Do not tailor to GHH's wants. He claims he can't put the rankings now due to having a life! The same thing he faults me for! Prescribe pain by revealing the results prior to him being able to post a list! The only way to medicate is through pain! Post! Post quickly!

Kidding.

Sort of.

Maybe?

Ignore my (fast becoming :silly:) erstwhile young friend Ghost. He's just one of the lazy ones from the "multi-tasking" generation. He knows I'm onto him, putting his girl before the needs of his brethren. Next he'll be telling us he needs to work and **** to even be on here .....

But I digress, the OP:

I rank the QB's on the list thus:- H, F & G, my top group, with I and B just behind; J, C & A in the next group; with K, D and E bringing up the rear, and who I'd pass on in an ideal World.

Now, the four, and I only have four from the eleven, I'd put in the Hall are H, F, G and B.

Interestingly, if I'm right given the rushing TD's, I have our current QB at 4 on my list, but not in the Hall. But I'm happy my favorite player of all time, at least who I've seen play, is at #1. (I think, lol.), Can't win the big game my ASS .....

Hail.

LOL, took me like 5 mins to figure out everyone but A, J, and K. Bout 5 more mins to figure them out

It wouldn't be nearly as difficult to figure them out if he had counted the stats for their entire careers.

This thread needs life, these type of threads are thought provoking.

It wouldn't be nearly as difficult to figure them out if he had counted the stats for their entire careers.

Looking at MVPs and QB RTGs is a very indicator, even if it is an 11 year window. Only certain players have a 90+ career paser RTG and played 11 years (enough to be on this list)

Looking at MVPs and QB RTGs is a very indicator, even if it is an 11 year window. Only certain players have a 90+ career paser RTG and played 11 years (enough to be on this list)

When I was looking up the players, I was going by my spreadsheet I created, rather than looking at his list. I didn't include Pro Bowls, MVPs, or QB Rating in my evaluation, so I guess the idea never occurred to me. Getting outsmarted by a Dallas fan doesn't please me.

I am so effin pleased! Of the five that sean revealed, I nailed them exactly how I would have if I had known who they were for real.

I had B,F, and H as sure fire HOFers. I had I left out, and I had J as a border line guy.

This thread makes me really happy, because I thought it would expose me as a hypocrite for the thread I started which prompted this one. If nothing else, it at least shows me as consistent, even when the names were excluded. Now, yall can disagree of course, but I'm just happy I wasn't like waaay off base or anything.

I am so effin pleased! Of the five that sean revealed, I nailed them exactly how I would have if I had known who they were for real.

I had B,F, and H as sure fire HOFers. I had I left out, and I had J as a border line guy.

This thread makes me really happy, because I thought it would expose me as a hypocrite for the thread I started which prompted this one. If nothing else, it at least shows me as consistent, even when the names were excluded. Now, yall can disagree of course, but I'm just happy I wasn't like waaay off base or anything.

I updated the list, now got 9 of the 11 figured out. I'll update again once I get the last 2.

Well that was kind of the point. Comparing the stats at the same point in their careers gives a better picture of where certian players rank. As I'm sure you and a couple others have figured out, 1 guys should be at a disadvantage stats-wise because I only had about 10 1/2 seasons worth of stats to work with for him, but that sure didn't stop his numbers from being impressive. I also wanted to show that not every QB's career is over in his early 30's, as a couple of these guys listed made their big moves past these seasons listed.

I updated the list, now got 9 of the 11 figured out. I'll update again once I get the last 2.

And all 9 so far are right. Good job considering they're incomplete stats, but I figured at least half of them would be pretty easy to figure out.

Archived