Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOSD: V.Jackson strains calf, will likely sit out this week's game vs Oakland

mossomo

Rampant speculation on the Internet and talk radio almost immediately questioned the veracity of Jackson’s injury, given his simmering feud with the front office. Even some in the organization acknowledged Sunday night the timing raised eyebrows.

Am still looking to land this guy.

Link

Seeing how Rivers has continued to put up numbers without VJ would make me want to stay away from him.

Rivers put up number without Jackson, Gates, and Floyd. Rivers is having one hell of a season and should be the MVP. I wouldn't be afraid of signing Jackson just because Rivers is putting up numbers despite having Jackson.

Rivers put up number without Jackson, Gates, and Floyd. Rivers is having one hell of a season and should be the MVP. I wouldn't be afraid of signing Jackson just because Rivers is putting up numbers despite having Jackson.

He's going to want top 5 WR money and one has to wonder whether he's been made to look better than he is/was due to his QB/OC. Not saying he isn't a good WR, just don't think he's worth what he wants to get paid.

He's going to want top 5 WR money and one has to wonder whether he's been made to look better than he is/was due to his QB/OC. Not saying he isn't a good WR, just don't think he's worth what he wants to get paid.

Agreed.

He's been arrested for drunk driving twice, sat out most of the season because he wanted more money than he's worth, and may currently be faking an injury just to be a dick. His claim to fame is two above-average seasons with one of the best QBs in football.

There will be other good FAs out there this offseason. I hope we stay far away from Jackson.

I don't know if we'll have a choice or not though. He would automatically be our #1 WR and McNabb has some chemistry with him and enjoyed passing the ball to him this past summer. The Skins need a big play making WR badly, and we can't afford to draft a guy like Julio Jones, Malcolm Floyd, or Jonathan Baldwin in the 1st round when we need o-line, d-line, and possibly even drafting a QB of the future if a guy like Mallett or even Locker falls to us in the 1st. I would rather pay him a large amount of money and still be able to draft a larger need with the first 2 picks in next year's draft.

imo we should see if we can get some value with a tier 2 wide receiver and focus on gettting a good #2 this year via Free Agency. A #1 would cost too much and too much risk is involved.

Somebody like Mike Sims-Walker or Davone Bess could be a good solid #2 that could be had at a reasonable price. After that, it sounds like Torrey Smith is going to declare for the draft because of financial conerns + he is graduating.

This means if we can move back in the first round, we would have our eye on one of Julio Jones, Jonathin Baldwin, Torrey Smith, or Michael Floyd (my least favorite because of injuries). That would give us a nice receiving corps while trying to keep spending in check.

TL;DR: Pass on Vincent Jackson. Too much $$

I too hope we stay away from Jackson for the reasons previously mentioned (mostly the fact that he's playing with Philip Rivers who regularly makes no namers into somebodies).

I dont have much hope though, from what TK has posted in the past we seem almost certain to land him. Same old story..

Archived