Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Thanksgiving, Extremeskins!

d0ublestr0ker0ll

wife is with daughter out of state(just had a preemie w/complications),son&co is at in-laws in NY

Didn't feel like flying for one day(got to work tomorrow), nor going to other family dinners here(already did one this past weekend)

life is good(as long as my kin don't find out:silly:),consider it making up for doing multiple dinners in one day in the past

Oh, I hear ya.

Basically work and the whole just for a day thing. I understand that.

My family lives all over and it is so much easier to just go to my wife's family for this holiday and see my family for other events over the summer. My wife and her Mother live locally and they have their shopping tradition which is just tradition more than anything at this point but whatever.

I would not be able to take my wife to visit my family without taking her entire family for shopping, paying for all of the shipping and such for the people and the random crap they buy without an argument.

My folks see us enough to not make it a one day trip for so many others.

Black Friday has got to be one of the dumbest things ever. Especially now that they've started opening some of the stores on Thanksgiving. That's garbage. No way I'd work at one of the stores that do this. Seriously, I'd tell them to **** off if they told me to work Thanksgiving.

You do understand why they call it Black Friday right ?

I think it is silly because if you are smart enough you can find deals before and after that one stupid day or shop online. However for some it is habit and what they do with family those nights after busting their butts the previous 24 hours or so.

Personally, I think Thanksgiving is overrated.

I heard the reason they started calling it Black Friday, but I've already forgotten.

And I agree with you about the deals. People really are stupid when it comes to this stuff. Never gotten the fascination with these crazy hour shopping sprees. Especially, like you said, you can usually find these same deals without all the hassles.

I don't necessarily agree about Thanksgiving though. I love it. Because of my work, I don't get to spend as much time with my family as I would like. It gives me a chance to get to be around all of them at one time. Although this year was probably the worst one of all time. But I don't feel like going into the reasons why (too personal).

This year has been rough. That being said, events throughout this year have helped me to reflect on myself, identify the changes in direction I want to take in life, and illuminate people who are my true friends.

I'm thankful for my family and network of close friends who have been (and continue to be) my support system.

I am thankful for having a job and the ability to pay my bills.

The older I get, the more grateful I become for my good overall health.

Finally, I am thankful to be home, at my parents' place, sleeping in my old bed, surrounded by the love of my family.

I sincerely hope everyone here at ES has a wonderful Thanksgiving with their loved ones :)

Yeah K. My good health overall is important to me. I have hereditary high blood pressure. Otherwise I am in supposedly great health. I just found out about 3 weeks ago.

It was absurdly high.

I enjoyed spending time with family today even though I will see most of them in a few weeks. haha.

Bubble, Have you heard of the term "in the red" ?

Yeah K. My good health overall is important to me. I have hereditary high blood pressure. Otherwise I am in supposedly great health. I just found out about 3 weeks ago.

It was absurdly high.

I'm sorry KH :(

I feel your pain, I found out this summer that my cholesterol and triglycerides are high...even though I maintain a pretty active lifestyle and play tennis 4-5x a week. I called my dad and he was like "yeah, sorry about those genes.." lol. I've started taking fish oil and niacin supplements daily and have begun to watch my cholesterol and saturated fat intake more closely. It'll be interesting to see what my re-eval. results will be in the new year.

I'm also very grateful not to have gotten injured in any of my tennis matches or training over the past year. I play in several pretty competitive leagues and would become quite depressed if I got injured and wasn't able to play or train for an extended period of time. Tennis is a stress reliever that keeps me sane :D

"Thanksgiving In The Laundromat" went well...love my great-grand nieces and the fact that people who hadn't met me think I look the same age as their dad who's 20 years younger :D

But I think my waistline did expand two full inches...these people ALL cook AND bake...so the butter and homemade <and not "simple"> gravy flowed...and being a mile from the Pacific, two of the three dressings (from homemade baked breads) had fresh seafood embellishment (oysters in one and scallops/shrimp in the other, which was interesting).

If only Dallas had lost.....:( :mad: :D

Hope everyone had a safe holiday and felt some love and comfort along the way. :)

I'm sorry KH :(

I feel your pain, I found out this summer that my cholesterol and triglycerides are high...even though I maintain a pretty active lifestyle and play tennis 4-5x a week. I called my dad and he was like "yeah, sorry about those genes.." lol. I've started taking fish oil and niacin supplements daily and have begun to watch my cholesterol and saturated fat intake more closely. It'll be interesting to see what my re-eval. results will be in the new year.

I'm also very grateful not to have gotten injured in any of my tennis matches or training over the past year. I play in several pretty competitive leagues and would become quite depressed if I got injured and wasn't able to play or train for an extended period of time. Tennis is a stress reliever that keeps me sane :D

That's the worse feeling. I knew my parents had some problems and I never had any issues, and no symptoms. I was more angry than anything. I just thought I skipped the loop.

I don't get sick, my cold lasts for a day and then...I say "what cold ?".

Doc said, "you should go to the emergency room"... I was in shock.

Back to topic, I am thankful for everyday that I made it through without any problems before I had the chance to fix this problem. Thankfully they told me I will be fine for many years as long as I hold up my end of the bargain regarding my meds and clearly a better diet. Not that I ate poorly, I just never cared that much about what I ate.

That's the worse feeling. I knew my parents had some problems and I never had any issues, and no symptoms. I was more angry than anything. I just thought I skipped the loop.

I don't get sick, my cold lasts for a day and then...I say "what cold ?".

Doc said, "you should go to the emergency room"... I was in shock.

Back to topic, I am thankful for everyday that I made it through without any problems before I had the chance to fix this problem. Thankfully they told me I will be fine for many years as long as I hold up my end of the bargain regarding my meds and clearly a better diet. Not that I ate poorly, I just never cared that much about what I ate.

Good grief KH, your BP must have been really high for a physician to take a reading in his clinic and advise you to go to the ER. I'm sorry dude. The good thing is that it has now been identified, is being effectively addressed and you are not continuing on oblivious to a major health threat. I'm happy to hear that :)

Mine wasn't nearly as acutely threatening, but it was still a bit of a shock. And while there is hereditary involvement, my diet actions aren't completely blameless. I'd say it was much more of a wakeup call for me, like, hi...you're not 18 anymore, ding dong. Diet wasn't crap before, but there were certainly areas that could be improved. I'm now trying to eat cleaner and more organically, etc.

So yes, I think this is the first year where I've been cognizant of my health numbers and grateful for the ability on my part to affect change for the better.

It was about 206/140.

Shocked because I had been at the gym and rode 7 miles, ran 4, worked out on the weights for about an hour...just days before.

It was a little scary.

End of the day, I am still here and still strong. Whew. haha.

One thing I was happy about is my incredible insurance. All these years and this one week made it paid for itself in my eyes to make sure I was taken care of.

Archived