Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is everyone ready to bow down and recognize the greatness which is the Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

Honestly, if that team were wearing just about any other uniform I'd root for them.

Not a Giants, Cowboys or Pats uniform but honestly just about anyone else.

The Eagles are an extremely exciting team to watch on offense. The bashing of DeSean Jackson is laughable. Vick is an incredible athlete and is the most dangerous weapon in the NFL. The off the field stuff aside, which really should have its own thread in the Tailgate, he's phenomenal.

The rest of the receivers and LeSean McCoy aren't exactly slouches either. It makes me ill, but this team is young and talented and is going to be in the playoffs for years to come.

If they can keep Vick from signing elsewhere this offseason. I know he's said he wants to stay in Philly and Philly usually isn't shy about spending money on big names but money talks (unless you're Cliff Lee). I do think Vick will stay,but it's definitely a possibility he takes is services elsewhere.

If they can keep Vick from signing elsewhere this offseason. I know he's said he wants to stay in Philly and Philly usually isn't shy about spending money on big names but money talks (unless you're Cliff Lee). I do think Vick will stay,but it's definitely a possibility he takes is services elsewhere.

they're going to have 2 big contracts coming up in consecutive years. They have Vick next year, and Jackson the next. Hell even Maclin after that I believe. That's assuming Jackson doesn't hold out, which i think he SHOULD given his concussion history this could be his only huge payday. Right now he makes less than a million i believe on his rookie deal. pretty excellent value there for the team, not for him though.

Based on what, exactly, do you determine that I am very quick to make excuses for people? You seem to hear what you want to hear.

Based on the fact that you pretty much ignore my entire post and immediately reply with a Stallworth defense. That's what I based my statement on.

Not really since they're relying on a 31-year old QB who's career will be ended early because of his style of play. The Eagles can only go as far as Vick can carry them, because Kolb has shown he can't lead them anywhere.

he is 30........and nothing suggest will is slowing down......only your hope

and once he does breakdown 4 to 5 years from now what makes you think reid wont have another qb in the pipeline

and kolb lead them to a blowout win over the #1 seed in the nfc.....but wtf do i know

he is 30........and nothing suggest will is slowing down......only your hope

and once he does breakdown 4 to 5 years from now what makes you think reid wont have another qb in the pipeline

and kolb lead them to a blowout win over the #1 seed in the nfc.....but wtf do i know

It's not my hope that he'll slow down, it's a fact. No human being will be able to take the hits week after week that he does and will be able to maneuver and escape like he does and keep the speed. Plus his speed will only slow down with age, but I'm sure you'll come up with some asinine argument to how his speed won't decrease, but only increase.

Just like Reid had Kolb in the pipeline this year once McNabb was traded? That worked out well. Vick saved Reid's job, and the Eagles season this year. The Eagles would be the worst team in the NFC East with Kolb as QB. Also, Reid won't be there in 4 to 5 years, because the Eagles have made a deal with the devil in signing Vick and it will come back to bite them in the ass, and you and the rest of the Eagles fans will have to continue to dust off those old NFC Championship trophies, because you all will never have a Lombardi Trophy in Philadelphia while Reid is the head coach.

It's not my hope that he'll slow down, it's a fact. No human being will be able to take the hits week after week that he does and will be able to maneuver and escape like he does and keep the speed. Plus his speed will only slow down with age, but I'm sure you'll come up with some asinine argument to how his speed won't decrease, but only increase.

Just like Reid had Kolb in the pipeline this year once McNabb was traded? That worked out well. Vick saved Reid's job, and the Eagles season this year. The Eagles would be the worst team in the NFC East with Kolb as QB. Also, Reid won't be there in 4 to 5 years, because the Eagles have made a deal with the devil in signing Vick and it will come back to bite them in the ass, and you and the rest of the Eagles fans will have to continue to dust off those old NFC Championship trophies, because you all will never have a Lombardi Trophy in Philadelphia while Reid is the head coach.

my god your a hater......so many things wrong with this post that are opinons you are tryin to make seem like facts

i also heard people say no one can go to jail for 2 year and then comeback and play QB at a superstar level?

yea i saw how that worked out

dont be mad because since you have been old enough to go to a p-13 movie your team hasnt been a consistent contender in the NFCE

also the eagles still finish with a better record then the skins with kolb with year

KK was 2-2 this year in games he started .......

my god your a hater......so many things wrong with this post that are opinons you are tryin to make seem like facts

i also heard people say no one can go to jail for 2 year and then comeback and play QB at a superstar level?

yea i saw how that worked out

dont be mad because since you have been old enough to go to a p-13 movie your team hasnt been a consistent contender in the NFCE

also the eagles still finish with a better record then the skins with kolb with year

KK was 2-2 this year in games he started .......

Was his body taking a pounding from 200-300 lbs men every weekend? Possibly, but I don't know. Just for the sake of the argument, I'm going to say no for those 2 years, which isn't the case now and these hits will end his career early, just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it's not the truth.

I'm not mad because I've seen the best the Eagles have to offer and Reid choke in critical coaching and time management situations, which WILL happen again. You sound like the immature and mad one here because you have never seen your team lift a Lombardi into the air after winning a Super Bowl, and that includes being able to go back to the video archives and watching it because that footage just doesn't exist.

Yes, Kolb was .500, but when he faced a solid defense or a pressure situation, he crumbled and wasn't able to rise to the situation and lead his team to victory like McNabb was able to do for so many years.

Was his body taking a pounding from 200-300 lbs men every weekend? Possibly, but I don't know. Just for the sake of the argument, I'm going to say no for those 2 years, which isn't the case now and these hits will end his career early, just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it's not the truth.

I'm not mad because I've seen the best the Eagles have to offer and Reid choke in critical coaching and time management situations, which WILL happen again. You sound like the immature and mad one here because you have never seen your team lift a Lombardi into the air after winning a Super Bowl, and that includes being able to go back to the video archives and watching it because that footage just doesn't exist.

Yes, Kolb was .500, but when he faced a solid defense or a pressure situation, he crumbled and wasn't able to rise to the situation and lead his team to victory like McNabb was able to do for so many years.

you mean a solid d like your last ranked d? lmao

besides youtube videos you dont remeber your team holding up a throphy and you have rememberd what 3 winning seasons?!?! lmao ouch

your team is the laughing stock of the division and has been for 10 plus years at this point.......

this isnt the same eagles team as past year.....with the leaders we had last year we would have NEVER comeback and won that game yesterday

this team is following vicks lead and his will to win and never give up attitude is crazy

swagger

you mean a solid d like your last ranked d? lmao

besides youtube videos you dont remeber your team holding up a throphy and you have rememberd what 3 winning seasons?!?! lmao ouch

your team is the laughing stock of the division and has been for 10 plus years at this point.......

this isnt the same eagles team as past year.....with the leaders we had last year we would have NEVER comeback and won that game yesterday

this team is following vicks lead and his will to win and never give up attitude is crazy

swagger

Sorry to disappoint you but I am old enough to remember the Skins beating the Bills back in '92. I wasn't old enough to fully enjoy the victory like I would today, but I still remember it, which is something you can't say.

Also, where are the youtube videos and clips of the Eagles Super Bowl victories?

Oh, no this is the same Eagles team of previous years, except the defense on this team is even worse than previous years and will be the downfall of the 2010 Philadelphia Eagles. The defense was suspect enough to begin with, now losing Bradley, Graham, Allen, Hobbs, Harris, and Jackson has left this defense depleted and hurting, especially at the safety position.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am old enough to remember the Skins beating the Bills back in '92. I wasn't old enough to fully enjoy the victory like I would today, but I still remember it, which is something you can't say.

Also, where are the youtube videos and clips of the Eagles Super Bowl victories?

Oh, no this is the same Eagles team of previous years, except the defense on this team is even worse than previous years and will be the downfall of the 2010 Philadelphia Eagles. The defense was suspect enough to begin with, now losing Bradley, Graham, Allen, Hobbs, Harris, and Jackson has left this defense depleted and hurting, especially at the safety position.

did you really just bring up marlin jackson and macho harris as losses?

jamar filled in damn well yesterday and played better then stew has all year....our d is what it is no matter who is on the field a big play d that gives up plays from time to time......the key is they are still getting TO's

have fun looking up to us in the division for the next 5 years........at least

did you really just bring up marlin jackson and macho harris as losses?

jamar filled in damn well yesterday and played better then stew has all year....our d is what it is no matter who is on the field a big play d that gives up plays from time to time......the key is they are still getting TO's

have fun looking up to us in the division for the next 5 years........at least

Why would I be using Macho Harris when he's with the Skins? I was using Jackson and Antonie Harris as examples of the lack of depth at the safety position, not as impact players/starters like Graham, Allen, and Bradley.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Where are all the youtube videos of the Eagles holding up the Lombardi? Can you please provide a link so I can see one of them?

Why would I be using Macho Harris when he's with the Skins? I was using Jackson and Antonie Harris as examples of the lack of depth at the safety position, not as impact players/starters like Graham, Allen, and Bradley.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Where are all the youtube videos of the Eagles holding up the Lombardi? Can you please provide a link so I can see one of them?

they havent won a superbowl this is a pretty well known fact.....is it news to you kid?

just like how no1 who is currently employeed with your team has anything to do with their rings

its said when the last team success you can brag about was almost 20 years ago.......#ouch

well at least you all make a great trade for a fran qb right?

Not really since they're relying on a 31-year old QB who's career will be ended early because of his style of play. The Eagles can only go as far as Vick can carry them, because Kolb has shown he can't lead them anywhere.

This is so stupid. Career ending early? Is this his rookie season or something?

And what team DOESN'T go as far as their QB will carry them? Thats why it's the most important position on the team. Your statement makes no sense. At least TRY not to sound like an unreasonable and bias hater

This is so stupid. Career ending early? Is this his rookie season or something?

And what team DOESN'T go as far as their QB will carry them? Thats why it's the most important position on the team. Your statement makes no sense. At least TRY not to sound like an unreasonable and bias hater

What does the fact that Vick's not a rookie play into his career ending early? Some of the great QBs have been able to play in to their late 30's and early 40's. Vick will not be one of them because of the way he plays. There's nothing stupid about the logic, it actually makes sense if you stop and think about it.

There are very few teams in the league that their success is dependent on their QB, and the team would be done if the QB went down. The Eagles and Colts are the best examples of how far their teams would fall if their QBs went down.

The Jets are a team that went very far last year despite their QB, the same could be said 2 years ago with the Titans and Kerry Collins, along with the Falcons and Ravens who both had rookies winning playoff games. Also, the '06 Bears did okay despite Grossman having turnover issues left and right. Hell, even the Pats didn't look horrible in '07 with Cassel at the helm, they just got unlucky not to make the playoffs after winning 11 games. Are those enough examples for you, or would you like more?

What does the fact that Vick's not a rookie play into his career ending early? Some of the great QBs have been able to play in to their late 30's and early 40's. Vick will not be one of them because of the way he plays. There's nothing stupid about the logic, it actually makes sense if you stop and think about it.

There are very few teams in the league that their success is dependent on their QB, and the team would be done if the QB went down. The Eagles and Colts are the best examples of how far their teams would fall if their QBs went down.

The Jets are a team that went very far last year despite their QB, the same could be said 2 years ago with the Titans and Kerry Collins, along with the Falcons and Ravens who both had rookies winning playoff games. Also, the '06 Bears did okay despite Grossman having turnover issues left and right. Hell, even the Pats didn't look horrible in '07 with Cassel at the helm, they just got unlucky not to make the playoffs after winning 11 games. Are those enough examples for you, or would you like more?

the pat, saints, packers

you are just an eagle hater, its obvious

as long as vick is mobile his game will be effective.....will he lose some speed yes. but he cant play the way steve young played and be fine

he is a MUCH better passer now but you prob dont c that

the pat, saints, packers

you are just an eagle hater, its obvious

as long as vick is mobile his game will be effective.....will he lose some speed yes. but he cant play the way steve young played and be fine

he is a MUCH better passer now but you prob dont c that

Did you even bother to watch the game last night? The Packers looked good with Flynn under center, and they gave the best team in the league all it could handle in its own stadium. Also, Belichick has proven that his team can succeed even when Brady goes down. I would be interested to see how the Saints performed if Brees went down, but we have no idea on how Daniel would play in his absence.

Of course I hate the Eagles, but I've been realistic and objective in my statements tonight. You are the one who is drinking too much Eagles kool-aid and has the green and black homer glasses on.

Vick was never a QB before this season. Vick has transformed his game tremendously and become a good QB. I never thought Vick could pass as well as he had, but he's been great so far this season, when he's healthy.

My point is that vick is in his 7th (8th?) season in the NFL. So it's a little late to think that his career could end early. But I get what your saying. A QB like Vick 1.0 wouldn't last very long, but this is Vick 2.0 who uses his arm more than his legs, and who avoids taking unnecessary damage whenever possible. He slides, he runs out of bounds, and he passes first, runs second. Everything your saying would be true when he was in atlanta, but in philadelphia he has changed his play style dramatically so your theory doesn't hold much weight anymore.

I also disagree with your QB statements. You name some rookie QBs like Sanchez, but you don't mention that they were playing pretty damn good. Not great in every case but pretty good. There's a reason 15 of the last 20 NFL MVPs have been QBs (according to wikipedia anyway).

Just want to remind jimb0z, westy, celj1234 and all the other philly fans posting in this thread what this thread is about, "Greatness", which you are not. Good, yes, great, not yet. You want to tell us we suck? Go read any thread in the stadium, we know we suck and have sucked for a while now, you want to say I was a a freshman in high school, 19 years ago when we won our last Super Bowl, you're right I was. That doesn't change the fact that you are one of 8 teams that will get in the playoffs, eight teams do it every year. Would you consider them great too? The 49ers, Seahawks, or the Rams will accomplish the same thing as the Eagles this year. I mean ****, your team has done it 9 out of the last 10, would you say any of those past teams were "Great". I doubt it. Philly has had good teams in the recent past, but greatness has eluded you and I'm willing to bet it will again this year. Yall want to tell us how crappy our December's have been lately because our team isn't in the play off picture, I'll give you that. Now talk about February, I'll trade a couple hand fulls of crappy Decrmber's for a few euphoric February's any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Again, yes, I was a freshman the last time my team won the Super Bowl, what grade were any of you in when your team did the same? I have seen greatness, and so have you, just not in a in eagles uniform.

If you need a reminder what a greatness looks like please click the Link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcaKpiTw5M4

I love it.....I LOVE IT! Someone just linked a 20 year old highlight video of the Skins.

You guys remind me of the Mongols. When I was there, Mongols just kept talking about Ghengis Khan and how he ruled over the largest empire in the history of the world. Whenever you reminded them about how that was hundreds of years ago and how the world is a much different place, they'd brush you aside and snort something about Ghengis and how he would rip your heart out and feed it to you if he was still alive.

I love it.....I LOVE IT! Someone just linked a 20 year old highlight video of the Skins.

You guys remind me of the Mongols. When I was there, Mongols just kept talking about Ghengis Khan and how he ruled over the largest empire in the history of the world. Whenever you reminded them about how that was hundreds of years ago and how the world is a much different place, they'd brush you aside and snort something about Ghengis and how he would rip your heart out and feed it to you if he was still alive.

hahahahaha

1991..........dayum

also brings to light how long ago Dallas was considered "Champions" :( ...........depressing

Archived