Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

help--in need of a bar in nyc that will show redskins vs bears

CPORTISFAN999

hi everybody. i am in nyc this weekend with my mom visiting my sister at NYU, and the fox nyc station is showing the eagles vs titans game, so i am in need of a bar (i am 17, so just a bar that has tables so i can sit there) that will/might show the redskins vs bears. i have been a redskins fan since the 05-06 season, and this is the first ever game i would have missed. my dad left for a business trip today, comes back late tomorrow night, and he told me he recorded the game for me, but i get back late tomorrow night, and my friends all know im a skins fan, so they will no doubt text me the score when the game is over. if i dont watch it, and they tell me that the redskins lose, then i wont want to watch the game when i get home. but, if the redskins win and they tell me about it, that would ruin the surprise of watching it when i get home. so, if anybody knows of any good bars in NYC (particularly the east village), then please let me know.

with that being said, hail to the redskins and here's to us being 4-3!!!!

St Marks Ale House on 3rd avenue and St Marks seems like it would be perfect for you. You could walk there from where you're staying. They may "card" though. In fact, I think most sports bars in NYC actually do when it comes to Sunday afternoons.

Also, Redemption bar on 51st and 2nd Ave (may want to google map as I don't know the exact address) is a Skins bar through and through.

Or you can just watch it on the internet, like a lot of us do.

well, my mom and i have to check out of our hotel by 12 tomorrow, which means my laptop wil be in my suitcase, and i'm being forced to go see a movie with my mom and sister (seeing social networking) before me and my moms train leaves for DC at 6 pm tomorrow. but i will constantly be checking for score updates on my phone every 5 or 10 minutes during the movie.

Damn. When I was living in NYC I had no idea that place existed. I was stuck watching the Jets at 1p and the Giants at 4p. STRAIGHT BRUTALITY. I would have rather have had my wisdom teeth pulled for 16 straight weeks than watch that crap again. UGH

Galway Hooker, 36th & Madison. It's not strictly a bar, so as long as you don't try to order a drink, you won't be getting carded there. They've got a big inflatable redskin out front, and they show the game on a big projector. You can take the NQR/BDFM to 34th or the 6 to 33rd. You'll have to walk a bit, but you'll have no trouble getting in or getting a seat.

Is Dorrians a 2 story place, or is that Red Sky? I went to the 2 story place last year. All Skins fans. Pretty good crowd. No Winston's (in San Diego) but cool to see in the heart of a rival city.

Red Sky is two stories but it's no longer a skins bar.

Archived